Easy question on forwarding

Should be easy, but I can't find the answer here or Support.

Trying to forward emails from gmail to EN stand alone app in Windows.  Have everything set until I get a popup in Gmail "A confirmation code has been sent to fakeaddress@m.evernote.com to verify permission.'  I think I know the email should appear in the Inbox folder of EN. I have no Inbox folder.  Where is the email so I can confirm?

• Level 5*
6 hours ago, required_username said:

I think I know the email should appear in the Inbox folder of EN. I have no Inbox folder.  Where is the email so I can confirm?

By default, emails to my Evernote address are assigned to my default notebook (not folder)835587638_ScreenShot2019-04-15at12_41_36.png.85a3cd9ee18d136796582dca90c55edb.png

This can be overridden in the email title, and there's an auto-filing option in user settings.

Note: This is a server function.  The emails won't appear on your device until sync'd

• Level 5*
2 minutes ago, required_username said:

Ah Ha.  I suppose this means create an "Inbox" folder and make it the default.  I didn't know if I could create a default Inbox or had to go through a lot of technical stuff.  If my presumption is wrong, let me know.

Tools - Options - General - Select default notebook.  The notebook needs to exist before you select it.

• Level 5
6 minutes ago, required_username said:

Should be easy, but I can't find the answer here or Support.

Trying to forward emails from gmail to EN stand alone app in Windows.  Have everything set until I get a popup in Gmail "A confirmation code has been sent to fakeaddress@m.evernote.com to verify permission.'  I think I know the email should appear in the Inbox folder of EN. I have no Inbox folder.  Where is the email so I can confirm?

Just to clarify, @required_username (heh, love it), emails are forwarded, not to an inbox, but to your default notebook; and they are not sent to the Windows app but to the main home of your notes, which is Evernote's servers. The Windows program then must sync with the servers (as it regularly does) to get the sent material onto your computer. You can create an Inbox notebook and make it the default, but then every other note created in the default notebook will be there. It's also possible (theoretically) to specify a notebook other than the default in the subject line of the email (see the instructions here), but I haven't been able to get that to work consistently.

Archived