Image Thumbnails...

gazumped

• Level 5*

I've seen quite a few requests for thumbnail views of images,  and it hadn't occurred to me until now that Evernote will do this in one quite useful way...

I just took a series of pictures of a user guide,  and was about to add all the images to a PDF file so they would get OCR'd and could be read and searched through in case of need.

Being incredibly lazy (my best feature) I didn't want to move all the pictures (there are 15) to my desktop to merge them,  OCR and re-save them.  So I wondered what would happen if I used the desktop option to shrink the pictures so I could see all of them at once.  Then (enquiring mind here) I wondered how small I could get these pictures.

The result is shown below.  If I click on any of these pictures I get a readable version in 'gallery' mode,  and since they're all in the same note,  I can then scroll back and forth through the whole series as larger images to read the manual normally.

It's not rocket science (SpaceX seem to have that covered these days!  Good launch!!) but I though you might be interested.  ;)

1236051518_ScreenClip2.thumb.png.e225d2e1f88cf499a49f3ee7a847119d.png

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, gazumped said:

So I wondered what would happen if I used the desktop option to shrink the pictures so I could see all of them at once

Not clear about that desktop shrink option.  I use a table to restrict the image sizes1316539474_ScreenShot2019-04-12at12_47_47.png.537fa42bae5e50a112162d5e3ed48411.png

• Level 5*

Equally good - at the moment shrinking an image involves selecting individual pictures and grabbing the bottom right corner 'handle' to re-size them down to a minimum. It might be a touch more manipulation to cut and paste an image into the table, but it should work the same way... 

Archived