Time Stamp For Written Notes during Audio Recording

Mandy*

Idea

Time stamp for notes written while recording audio. This is a very helpful feature when writing notes just as the one in MS OneNote. It will be great if you add it.

That way I could know at which point during the audio recording I wrote the note and go back to listen to it again and edit the notes based on the audio recording. or if I want to listen to a specific section in my audio recording just by clicking on the note I wrote.

Screen Shot 2019-04-09 at 12.44.43 PM.png

• Like 2

3 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Hi.  I'm afraid I killed your other two identical posts and moved this one from Windows to a general request since that seemed to be your intention.  They're all (mainly) user-supported Forums,  so one post is enough to make a point.  I agree this would be a nice addition to audio note taking,  but there are other apps out there which will do this sort of thing,  and from which files can be attached to an Evernote note.  It's also (IMHO) a bit of a niche request,  but lets see what votes it can attract as a possible new feature.

I would love to see this feature. Notability do this in a very nice way, and the only reason I haven't stayed with Notability is because they're Apple only.

As you record the audio you can take notes. When playing back the recording, all the words typed during the recording are greyed out. As you scrub through the audio the words return to their normal colour (black). You can also tap on a greyed out word to instantly fast forward to that point in time.

I find this a very useful feature and would love to see it in Evernote. 

There is a similar post on this topic which I'll copy this reply to

• Level 5*
17 hours ago, maphril said:

There is a similar post on this topic which I'll copy this reply to

You may have noticed that duplicate posts are not appreciated here...

As to the general concept - there are many other audio recording apps out there,  some of which offer the sort of word-by-word highlighting you mention.  But that is a very niche need.  I'd be happy with better speed and audio quality controls - and I actually use one app which is always recording (when active).  When I tell it to 'start' recording - which is usually when I just realised I'm hearing an important bit that I want to remember - the app will trap the previous 30 seconds of audio,  then continue until I tell it to stop again... when it returns to listening mode.

With only two votes (so far) I doubt this request will get much traction,  although some limited improvements might be in the pipeline for the future...