Notebooks 'automatically' appear in stack

I have not been able to see anything that I am doing, but I periodically find that a notebook (or two) have created a stack. I don't want to have them in a stack.

I can't see that I am doing anything to move the notebooks to a stack. I have three monitors attached to my laptop in extended mode: I wonder if that is causing some problem (although I have not experienced problems with other apps.)

Is there some way to just disable the option of stacks?

• Level 5*

Hi.  I have two external monitors plus the laptop screen,  and no problems with 'phantom' stacks - what's your OS,  and how do you create a new notebook,  and/ or select or move notebooks around?

4 minutes ago, gazumped said:

Hi.  I have two external monitors plus the laptop screen,  and no problems with 'phantom' stacks - what's your OS,  and how do you create a new notebook,  and/ or select or move notebooks around? 

My OS is Windows 10 - all software and drivers completely up-to-date. The problem occurs randomly when I am working with existing notebooks/notes - not when I create a new notebook. I very rarely create a new notebook, and never move them around.

If I was doing something to activate the right-click dialog (that you need to access to move a notebook to a stack), then I would expect to see other right-click action activity. But I only have the problem with stacks.

• Level 5*

Hmmn.  Odd.  I'm also on Windows 10.  I've very occasionally had a slip when using the mouse and I've drag/ dropped one notebook icon over another,  which gives me both of them in a new stack called (no surprise here) "Notebook Stack" - it's not hard to do that accidentally sometimes. 

• Level 5*
On 4/2/2019 at 6:26 AM, re03jxx said:

Yes, odd. I will keep an eye on Evernote and see if I can catch what happens ...

I accidentally added a notebook to a stack once when mousing around the notebooks area.  Unintended left click hold and voila.  May not be the issue, but for consideration.

7 minutes ago, CalS said:

Unintended left click hold and voila.

I wasn't aware that left click and hold created a stack. I am sure that is my problem. I have recently noticed that the tactile feedback from my mouse has become a bit wonky, so I suspect that is how it happens.

• Level 5*
1 minute ago, re03jxx said:

I wasn't aware that left click and hold created a stack. I am sure that is my problem. I have recently noticed that the tactile feedback from my mouse has become a bit wonky, so I suspect that is how it happens.

Yeah, drag a notebook onto a notebook and you have a stack.  Easy enough to have an oops.