Why are notebook stacks no longer well supported?

I can't understand why evernote doesn't have the notebooks exist within expandable stacks on the left the way it used to in the "classic" version. 

For example, I can have a stack called "spanish" and click on this stack which would then show me my notebooks "spanish verbs," "idioms," "grammar," etc, each of which would contain many notes on their respective subjects. This is a way for me to organize academic content in a usable way. Now, the left hand side shows me my notebooks (all 75 or so of them), not the stacks. So I see notebooks that say "idioms" and can't tell which stack this came from (was it from Spanish? Italian? English?). The same thing when I try to move a note - which used to be easy but is now also a clunky process requiring many clicks - where in the move window it shows me all my notebooks,  not in their respective stacks (so there is no way to tell which "idioms" folder I am moving my note into). If I click on the notebooks heading I can bring up my stacks, but now I can't easily work with my notes within this view which now dominates the whole screen. 

Maybe I am an old cranky man, but why are the new versions (current and beta) so much less functional than the initial classic version? I continue to use this, but it is no longer well supported... my work computers will not load it correctly. At least it works on my home computer, but that it is. I am not sure what evernote gained by moving away from the very functional and intuitive classic version into these other versions. I will probably look for new software once classic mode is fully unsupported. 

Just my own personal gripe/ 2 cents. I pay for evernote and use it daily, so these things do make a difference for me. I would love to see you bring back some of the simple and intuitive functions of the version that made evernote popular. Thanks!

• Level 5*
8 hours ago, raynersam@gmail.com said:

I can't understand why evernote doesn't have the notebooks exist within expandable stacks on the left the way it used to in the "classic" version. 

We know the new beta version doesn't have a complete feature set.
I recommend using one of the other versions

The discussion has been moved to the web forum

>>So I see notebooks that say "idioms" and can't tell which stack this came from (was it from Spanish? Italian? English?)

How about naming your notebook "Spanish Idioms".  It also sorts more logically in the alphabetic list

• Level 5*
11 hours ago, raynersam@gmail.com said:

You can still see stacks if you use the Current version, pic below.  Go to Account under Settings on the web to switch if you like.  You may be using the "new" version which appears to be a beta.

ScreenClip.png.ecc9f9f625c9b0a5ce58f20a937d3aa1.png

6 hours ago, Nick L. said:

Stacks are coming to the beta client soon. Stay tuned! 

awesome.

Also when i go to 'move a note' to another notebook, would be good to have the notebook stack there along with a 'search notebook' box there if possible please too.

oops not sure if correct forum...i was referring to the Windows Experimental preview v.1.2.296

5 minutes ago, flex3000 said:

awesome.

Also when i go to 'move a note' to another notebook, would be good to have the notebook stack there along with a 'search notebook' box there if possible please too.

oops not sure if correct forum...i was referring to the Windows Experimental preview v.1.2.296

Applies to it too :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • Level 5*
On 4/26/2019 at 12:52 PM, MNBlockHead said:

Is there a discussion forum/thread that is specific to the Windows Experimental Preview?  

Probably. If you're using it, you should have received a link to it, or at least a way to provide feedback on the preview. I'm not part of that particular preview program, so I can't say or sure, but it would make no sense if there was no way to provide feedback.

• Level 5*
On 4/26/2019 at 12:52 PM, MNBlockHead said:

Is there a discussion forum/thread that is specific to the Windows Experimental Preview?  

One should be coming, but I haven't seen it yet.

• 3 weeks later...