Cannot login to Evernote Support using Google Account

anfang

Idea

When logging in to Evernote Support through Help & Learning, through the following steps:

1. Go to Evernote.com
  2. Click on Help & Learning
  3. Click on Send Us an Email Anytime (lies....)
  4. Click on Continue with Google
  5. See the blank error page below:
{"success":"false","reason":"csrf_failure"}

It's not possible to login using Google credentials. This bug has been present for over 2 years - I'd submitted this exact ticket back when I was a Premium User. It wasn't acted upon then - literal radio silence. So I thought I'll just put this up in the forums where it'll maybe get more visibility from the developers.

5 replies to this idea

Me too at while back. I forget what I did to fix it but IIRC it had to do with opening multiple tabs pointing to evernote.com which incorrectly triggered their CSRF detector in a way that returned a user-unfriendly error message like you describe.

Also, did you try this? https://discussion.evernote.com/announcement/72-issues-accessing-evernote-support-channels/

I imagine a number of us could compile a list a mile long of bugs older than 1 year, some even older than 5 years, that are similar to this one.

6 hours ago, Nick L. said:

@Cardin, can you try again one more time? I made an adjustment on your account on our end. 

Thanks, 

@Nick L. I'm still encountering the problem. I've even tried using Incognito mode in Chrome but the error still appears.

@Cardin Thanks for reporting this. I reproduced the problem and filed a ticket with engineering. After you receive that error, reload help.evernote.com and it should let you in. Alternatively you can use your Evernote credentials. Thanks for reporting this! 

12 hours ago, Nick L. said:

@Cardin Thanks for reporting this. I reproduced the problem and filed a ticket with engineering. After you receive that error, reload help.evernote.com and it should let you in. Alternatively you can use your Evernote credentials. Thanks for reporting this! 

After receiving the error, I had to reload help.evernote.com twice to get it to work. But it's a valid workaround 👍 Thanks for the responsiveness!

Archived