How can i create an evernote link in desktop version to open the desktop version when pasted into a web link

HI, is there a way to create the note link that can open the desktop version when pasted into a web link? - (if chrome cookie is set correctly - which it is)

Currently the only way i can find is right click on the note in desktop version, copy shareable link, and paste into my online productivity software. When i click that link, it doesn't open evernote just a web version of the note. If i then click open evernote, it loads the note (not opening the desktop version). THEN i click copy notelink in the 3 dots menu, and repaste that, and that opens the note in chrome and the desktop version at the same time, (which i know is unavoidable..for some reason) 

This is a lot of faff to copy the project notes link each time. I miss my mac option of holding down the cmd key and showing classic note link. Is there a better way than the one im doing in the windows desktop version?

The only option of shareable link looks like this - https://www.evernote.com/l/AA0iH4jk1ABDmbAx6mzq and the one i want has shard in the title and would look more like this  - https://www.evernote.com/shard/s13/nl/1474515/221f88e4-d400-4399- (truncated links for this example)

Hope someone can help

Many thanks

Marc

• Level 5*
25 minutes ago, marcreck said:

I miss my mac option of holding down the cmd key and showing classic note link. Is there a better way than the one im doing in the windows desktop version?

The Windows version is "Ctrl+Alt+L" to force the classic/internal note link

https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/209004807-Keyboard-shortcuts-in-Evernote-for-Windows

Thanks DTLow - i think i confused the request by posting that line - That also shows as a menu - but when i paste , it only paste's the text. However it also contains the solution - pasting the link into the url bar, then copying that! Much quicker than my previous approach :) Thanks so much. P.s i'm assuming it's still not possible to just open the desktop version is it? From the posts i read it seemed it wasnt.

• Level 5*
49 minutes ago, marcreck said:

P.s i'm assuming it's still not possible to just open the desktop version is it? From the posts i read it seemed it wasnt.

When you first opened an EN link from another app you were taken to your default browser and asked if you wanted to open in the browser or the desktop.  If you selected desktop from that point on a "useless" browser tab would be opened but control would transfer the the desktop. 

There is a cookie that controls this activity.  So if you want an EN link in an external app to open in EN, you need to clear the cookie so you can reset the next time you click on such a link.  I used to know where the cookie was, but browsers have changed since I last fixed this.  You might contact support to see if they can provide information on how to reset, assuming this is the behavior you seek.

Thanks CalS - I do have that set so it opens the desktop (and cleared all cookies and reselected choose desktop application for all evernote links again just to check) but  for me it opens an evernote tab too rather than a dummy tab, but this is no issue. Just curious. Many thanks

• Level 5*
6 hours ago, marcreck said:

Thanks CalS - I do have that set so it opens the desktop (and cleared all cookies and reselected choose desktop application for all evernote links again just to check) but  for me it opens an evernote tab too rather than a dummy tab, but this is no issue. Just curious. Many thanks

You are welcome.  To be clear, the EN sign in page is what is on the tab that opens when I click the EN note link, that's because rarely do I have EN web open.  If you do have EN web open the new tab will contain the note for the link and you will transfer to the desktop.  My experience anyway.

Archived