Advanced filter on reminderTime-100 NOT searching "reminderTime" field if subtracting days.

gonzoaar

Idea

In the following search when looking forward it works correctly. This search "reminderTime:day+7 tag:"A02.0 post production Engineer" correctly returns anything with a remindertime in the next 7 days. The problem I am having is that this search "reminderTime:day-7 tag:"A02.0 post production Engineer" incorrectly returns anything with a reminder in the last 7 days. It seems to ignore the remindertime field in the search. Attached is a screenshot of my results for each search. How can I return only those reminders that are PAST DUE?

Screenshot 2019-03-20 09.14.37.png

Screenshot 2019-03-20 08.59.58.png

3 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
On 3/20/2019 at 12:23 PM, gonzoaar said:

The problem I am having is that this search "reminderTime:day-7 tag:"A02.0 post production Engineer" incorrectly returns anything with a reminder in the last 7 days.

I think you're looking for dates before a specific time but not in the future, in which case you should be using a -reminderTime: term, in conjunction with a regular reminderTime: term to give you a bounded time frame. The normal reminderTime: term gives you dates later than the time parameter. The Evernote Search Grammar page (https://dev.evernote.com/doc/articles/search_grammar.php) says this about reminderTIme:

reminderTime:[datetime] - matches notes with a reminderTime attribute that is equal to or later than the argument datetime. reminderTime is the time at which the user has requested a reminder about the note. E.g.:

• reminderTime:day
    • Matches all notes with a reminder set for today or later
  • reminderTime:day -reminderTime:day+7
    • Matches all notes with a reminder set for the next 7 days

Since you seem to be looking for items from some date in the past but not in the future, you'd need to use both to bound the range. For example, the following should give you notes with reminder times in the last week from today:

remindertime:day-7 -reminderTime:day

• Level 5*
On 3/20/2019 at 9:23 AM, gonzoaar said:

Search reminderTime:day-7    ...  How can I return only those reminders that are PAST DUE?

Additional search arguments

1. exclude completed reminders                     -reminderDoneTime:*
  2. exclude current/future dated reminders    -reminderTime:day

fwiw  Instead of  reminderTime:day-7, I use reminderOrder:* (all reminders)
          I priortize the list into Important, Urgent, dated, not dated

• Level 5*
23 hours ago, gonzoaar said:

This search "reminderTime:day+7 tag:"A02.0 post production Engineer" correctly returns anything with a remindertime in the next 7 days.

Don't think so.  If you want any notes with the tag that have an open reminder in the next seven days, the search is

-reminderdonetime:* remindertime:day -remindertime:day+8 tag:whatevertag

not completed            from today               none after a week     with this tag

Archived