Note Unavailable on Android Q beta

Running Android Q on Pixel 3 XL. Getting "note is not available" when I try to open a note. I can create and save a note, but not reopen it. I have cleared cache and storage and uninstalled and reinstalled the program. Still doesn't work.

I'm getting no is unavailable on Android q as well. Please fix as Evernote is critical to my day today. Of course Android q is beta, but every other major app works almost perfectly on this beta, including most of the free Evernote alternatives *cough*

So after 8 days we don't have a fix? Evernote is literally the only app I use that doesn't work on this beta. It's also the only app I pay for.

This will change if I don't have a working copy by Friday.

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, Nicc said:

after 8 days we don't have a fix?

Did you report it to Evernote?  Posting here might bring it to their attention eventually,  but a support request at least gets you a ticket number and a place in the 'fixme' queue - and you'll get some individual feedback.

• Level 5*
25 minutes ago, gazumped said:

Did you report it to Evernote? 

Reported by @Scott T. above. They know about it, it's not fixed, but hey, Android Q is a beta. People who choose to use betas for critical workflows probably ought try a rethink....

As a non premium user, I cannot open an issue with Evernote. Given this is bug related to a beta, is there any other way to engage support?

Yes, I'm aware I'm using a beta so it is my issue but one I suspect Evernote wants to get ahead of at some point.

In the interim, the workaround is using your Chrome browser (set to "Desktop Site").

Thanks.

• Ex Employees

@mdezrin Though I'm not actually in customer support, I believe the discussion forums are currently intended to be the way in which free users can seek help for issues they are having, or to provide feedback to the Evernote team. I personally wish there were better ways, but I think it comes down to costs. Providing personalized customer support is expensive and due to the sheer size of our free user base, I believe it is cost-prohibitive at this moment. This approach is pretty standard across a lot of internet companies with very large, free customer bases.

I've been doing my best to try to get other employees engaged in the discussion boards. Several of our customer support members monitor the boards and respond or triage issues as necessary. But, I think it's invaluable for our non-customer support members to be engaged as well. The posts on here are a great insight into the issues and frustrations that our customers have. I've been able to quickly help address several issues people have run into that would have otherwise been overlooked.

I hope this information is helpful. Please continue to provide feedback and I'll do my best to help surface this information to our development teams, specifically the Android team for any beta issues you encounter.

Thanks. That is what I figured and understand, but wanted to make sure. I get that I'm free and therefore lower on the food chain. No issues on my end with Evernote. I was more trying to be helpful because I'd suspect the breadth of beta users is small. If you need to know, I'm on a Pixel 3.

I appreciate your help and feedback.

Have a great day.

• Level 5*
27 minutes ago, Scott T. said:

I've been doing my best to try to get other employees engaged in the discussion boards. Several of our customer support members monitor the boards and respond or triage issues as necessary. But, I think it's invaluable for our non-customer support members to be engaged as well. The posts on here are a great insight into the issues and frustrations that our customers have. I've been able to quickly help address several issues people have run into that would have otherwise been overlooked.

Nice post. I can relate, and appreciate all Evernote engagement in the forums. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/19/2019 at 5:21 AM, Scott T. said:

Thanks @evernotebetauser. I have added your feedback to the ticket tracking the beta issues.

On 3/15/2019 at 10:59 PM, Scott T. said:

Hi @aaronnuetzman. I checked and our Android team is aware of the issues with the Q beta and are actively investigating.

Evernote updated to version 8.9 (non-beta) last night, and this version seems to work well on my Google Pixel 3 XL running the latest Android Q beta. Thanks!

Archived