Request: confirmation for "Unassign from All Notes" , Left Panel, tags right click menu,

Don Dz

Idea

Hello, I have a stacked hierarchy of tags on the left panel which I keep displayed during the week, but on weekends I hide most of them under another stack so I can focus on other things, then on Mondays I right click on each hidden stack and click "Move to Top Level" so that I can have my usual hierarchy for the work week. 

The problem is that  "Move to Top Level" is dangerously close to "Unassign from All Notes".  One wrong click and I lose the tags for thousands of notes without warning (even Note History would be no help in such a scenario)

Since Unassign is a necessary function, I am asking for a confirmation step before taking action, preferably with a check box in Options for those who do not require this.

Either that, or at least assign "Move to Top Level" to a different, safer location in the right click menu.

It makes sense to me that anything involving the mass altering of thousands of notes should have a confirmation warning, when deleting or removing them at least.

4 replies to this idea

Good suggestion but I think you will be lucky to have any notice taken of it.  I (and others) have been asking for a confirmation message before deleting a note.  It is easy to mis hit the delete button and unknowingly delete a note.  You can get it back but only if you know you have deleted it.

7 hours ago, Tractorman said:

It is easy to mis hit the delete button and unknowingly delete a note.  You can get it back but only if you know you have deleted it.

While I don't disagree with you, deleting individual notes has two safety nets, the trash bin and note history, so I guess they figure that's enough. 

Mass removing of tags has none.

Thank you I am aware of these safety nets but my point is essentially about accidental deletion when you are unaware that it has happened.  The Delete button on my keyboard is right next to the Home button.  It is easy just to brush the Delete key and the note is gone without being noticed.

• Level 5*
3 hours ago, Don Dz said:

While I don't disagree with you, deleting individual notes has two safety nets, the trash bin and note history

Not so much note history, it only helps when content gets mangled.  Only recourse for a deleted note if the trash has been cleared are your own backups.

Archived