Unexplained Dot Next to Evernote Icon

I'm using Evernote Premium with Safari (Version 7.3 Beta 1 (456838 Direct)
Editor: 50.0.5661 (caf8aad). I have this small dot next to the Evernote icon on the toolbar and I can't figure out what it means.

It's not present when I use Chrome. I scanned the internet, and I'm not the only person that has reported this, but the responses state that more information is required to troubleshoot the issue. When I click on the icon within Safari in an attempt to find an explanation, I'm taken to the Evernote sign-in screen, even though I'm already signed in. So, I go ahead and re-sign in; then I'm presented with the dialog suggesting that cookies may be blocked (they are not). Since none of this weirdness occurs when using Google Chrome on the MacBook Pro, I'm confused.  Then I tried to see if the same anomaly (for me anyway) is present with Microsoft Edge, but I not able to get Evernote work at all over there.

As of this posting, I have removed the Extension from Safari for the Mac and reinstalled it, changed my Evernote account password, searched within this forum FAQ, but I have yet to find an answer. Please advise

image.png

Screen Shot 2019-03-09 at 5.02.39 AM.png

The dot means you're not signed into the Evernote web clipper. If you click on the elephant icon in your Safari toolbar, it should allow you to sign into your account. It's not linked to your Evernote account on your Mac or in the web.

Archived