Jump to content
evernoteccd

Is it just me or the new web-client sucks

Recommended Posts

I've tried the new web client and I have to say it sucks. I don't see anything closely resembling a "feature". I turned back to old version and everything is good. 

So is the new web client an upgrade or a downgrade ? 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, evernoteccd said:

So is the new web client an upgrade or a downgrade

It's a beta version, not meant for release to the masses.

Share this post


Link to post

Aside for being able to configure tables in the new version it's a pretty useless upgrade. 

Waste of time. As a premium user for many years it's safe to say that Evernote is well behind the curve. I've regularly looking at alternatives. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, CharlieB said:

Aside for being able to configure tables in the new version it's a pretty useless upgrade. 

Waste of time. As a premium user for many years it's safe to say that Evernote is well behind the curve. I've regularly looking at alternatives. 

There is a beta version available for testers.
It's not a complete version - some of the features are outstanding.

If you're not interested in testing this version, downgrade to the previous version

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post

"New" web client is horrible. Been that way for years, right ?  

I just tried it again and it painfully slow.  How can a company go backwards for so long and so consistently ?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
36 minutes ago, delawaredave said:

"New" web client is horrible. Been that way for years, right ?  

I just tried it again and it painfully slow.  How can a company go backwards for so long and so consistently ?

The most recent web client version is fairly recent, hence the "New".  We consider it an incomplete beta version.

I downgraded to the previous version; it's less horrible. 

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, DTLow said:

The most recent web client version is fairly recent, hence the "New".  We consider it an incomplete beta version.

I downgraded to the previous version; it's less horrible. 

So there's "beta", "current version" and "classic version".  I've been on classic last couple years, occasionally go to "current" (which I called new) - and get frustrated by the step backward.

So "beta" and "current" are both step backwards to "classic" from what I've seen. Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
15 hours ago, delawaredave said:

So there's "beta", "current version" and "classic version".  I've been on classic last couple years, occasionally go to "current" (which I called new) - and get frustrated by the step backward.

So "beta" and "current" are both step backwards to "classic" from what I've seen. Thanks.

Current works well for me the few times I need it a month.  Traditional started failing and Beta is incomplete.  My view anyways....

Share this post


Link to post

Thanks for the feedback here. The newest version of ENWEB is still in the works and we will be introducing feature parity with the older version soon. In the meantime, what are the features that make you switch back to the current version? I'd love to read more about this. 

Thanks,

Share this post


Link to post

Latest web version is painfully slow.  I don't understand why search is in different spot vs Windows program.  

The overall design has too much "open space" - which EN seems to think is "clean" - I think it is useless and wasteful.

You've "dumbed it down" to "Google Keep level" - you are going the "wrong way" to differentiate your product.

Share this post


Link to post
On 3/31/2019 at 11:10 AM, delawaredave said:

"New" web client is horrible. Been that way for years, right ?  

I just tried it again and it painfully slow.  How can a company go backwards for so long and so consistently ?

So in agreement. Really, really slow. Shocking. 

Share this post


Link to post

It does seem like it sucks.

You cannot just paste images like a doc file AND you cannot redo. I lost some content with a copy paste mishap and cannot get the content back. 

Share this post


Link to post

I Use Evernote web version 5.28.0 and I'm impressed about the speed to load and edit the notes compare to Apple notes. Of course it's not the same as the app on my Mac but it works very well for situations I'm on a pc without app. The view is clear without any obstacles.

Share this post


Link to post

The new web client has a bunch of new, attractive functions. It is the declared testing ground for the new, unified functions currently under development.

However, it is a testing ground which means there may be problems. Some have no problems, others many. In case, the best way to solve them is to set it back to the classic editor, option is in the settings.

Share this post


Link to post

Where are all the fonts in the Beta version? I switched back as I use Trebuchet Ms and it's gone. I hope the font list in the new version will eventually be expanded, and not more limited than the current version. 

Share this post


Link to post
16 hours ago, Halsen said:

Where are all the fonts in the Beta version? I switched back as I use Trebuchet Ms and it's gone. I hope the font list in the new version will eventually be expanded, and not more limited than the current version. 

The new model for Evernote editor uses a simplified font selection, sort of like you see in this forum, GMail, etc.  I think it will honor fonts that aren't in the list on display, but you can't pick these fonts from the list. ALso, I think tat you'll find that the font sizes don't match either; that may be a points vs pixels thingy.

Share this post


Link to post

FWIW, I really like the new version. It's not yet perfect but once, you overcome the change, it's great to use.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...