'Paste as Plain Text' doesn't work

Formatted text is still pasted (with font sizes, typeface changes, etc.) regardless of using 'Paste' or 'Paste as Plain Text'.

The "Simplify Formatting" function only does a partial cleanup, and it is not possible to alter typeface sizes in a note from within the app (unless that function is spectacularly well-hidden).

• Like 2
  • Level 5
19 hours ago, Proft said:

Formatted text is still pasted (with font sizes, typeface changes, etc.) regardless of using 'Paste' or 'Paste as Plain Text'.

The "Simplify Formatting" function only does a partial cleanup, and it is not possible to alter typeface sizes in a note from within the app (unless that function is spectacularly well-hidden).

This is my experience also, and it is annoying. "Paste as Plain Text" doesn't seem to mean much in this app, unfortunately. I do find that it functions as expected in the quick add-a-note in the pulldown notification area, and I sometimes use that as a way to clean up text before pasting into the main app. A couple of years ago there was a discussion of how this and other deficits (such as the lack of access to the full system clipboard) in the main Android editor, as opposed to the pull-down quick note or even the title area of the main app, is related to the adoption of a Chromium-based editor.

The font type and size problem, also a big annoyance, is the subject of a long-standing feature request:

Please go there and click on the upward arrow at the top of the page to vote this request up if you like!

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Likewise! These two issues on the Evernote android app - inability to change font size/style/format, and the bug that the "paste as plain text" operation doesn't work at all - are driving me nuts!

I'm trying to make/add notes on my phone, copying excerpts from online sources etc., and either get a horribly messy variety of formatting and oversized text, or I have to spend lots of additional time editing and reformatting! It's crazy that at least the "paste as plain text" function bug hasn't been fixed yet. :/

• 10 months later...