Jump to content
  • 0

Evernote Basic Backup (Windows)


Horasio

Idea

Hello,
I'm starting to load all my work in Evernote.
Before go on trusting my everyday work and consider the possibillity of and upgrade to Evernote Premium. I would like to test the backup option at least and maybe the restore.
However  I cant' see the "export" option at the app menu (windows version).
Thanks!

Link to post

6 replies to this idea

Recommended Posts

  • 0
  • Level 5*
2 hours ago, Horasio said:

I would like to test the backup option at least and maybe the restore.

The export feature is a good option for backups.
I know it's available; hopefully a Windows user will advice on the exact details.
There's some documentation at https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/209005557-How-to-back-up-export-and-restore-import-notes-and-notebooks

Make sure you test the import feature
Don't wait until you need it, and find out you don't know how to use the backup file.

Also be aware of the limitations with export/import
For example;
- notes are note restored - new notes are created
- incomplete metadata preservation

Link to post
  • 0
  • Level 5*
3 hours ago, Horasio said:

Hello,
I'm starting to load all my work in Evernote.
Before go on trusting my everyday work and consider the possibillity of and upgrade to Evernote Premium. I would like to test the backup option at least and maybe the restore.
However  I cant' see the "export" option at the app menu (windows version).
Thanks!

The export option appears under

  1. The File menu
  2. The context menu if you right click on a notebook
  3. The context menu when you right click on a selection of notes

I would export by notebook using ENML.  Make sure all fields are checked in the Export options.

  • Like 1
Link to post
  • 0
1 hour ago, CalS said:

The export option appears under

  1. The File menu
  2. The context menu if you right click on a notebook
  3. The context menu when you right click on a selection of notes

I would export by notebook using ENML.  Make sure all fields are checked in the Export options.

I'm using Evernote with Chrome browser .  I don't see any File menu 
According to your instructions looks like a desktop version.

 

Link to post
  • 0
37 minutes ago, Horasio said:

I'm using Evernote with Chrome browser .  I don't see any File menu 
According to your instructions looks like a desktop version.

You can download the desktop version here: https://evernote.com/download

I have noticed a few other people also referring to the web version as the "Windows" version, not sure why the confusion.

I could be wrong, but I am fairly certain you cannot export from the web version.

  • Like 1
Link to post
  • 0
  • Level 5*
2 hours ago, Horasio said:

I'm using Evernote with Chrome browser .  I don't see any File menu 
According to your instructions looks like a desktop version.

 

Per @Don Dz, don't think you can export using the browser version.  Would be a nice add I suppose.

  • Like 1
Link to post
  • 0
2 hours ago, Don Dz said:

You can download the desktop version here: https://evernote.com/download

I have noticed a few other people also referring to the web version as the "Windows" version, not sure why the confusion.

I could be wrong, but I am fairly certain you cannot export from the web version.

Yes!
Now with the desktop version all the tutorials make sense to make exports or backups.
However Evernote guys have to correct the help are because it is not clear enough.
Thank you very much.

Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...