"Inbox" question on new accounts

Quick question...

In the past, when creating a new account, Evernote would start you off with one notebook. It would be named for the user..."Jim's Notebook," for example. I have always taught people  to rename that notebook ".Inbox." (The period in front of the word causes that notebook to sort to the top of the list.)

I heard someone recently say that when you create a new account, that one notebook is automatically called "Inbox." Is that true? If so, is there some punctuation in front of the word?

(Of course, I could just create a new account and see for myself, but I didn't want to clutter cyberspace with one more junk account.)

• Level 5*

Been a while since I created a new account,  so I couldn't tell you without setting it up - and why does it matter anyways?  You can always rename any account and define whichever you desire as the default...

Thanks for getting back with me. Of course, the experienced user knows about the ability to rename notebooks, tags, stacks, etc. The beginner does not and needs clear instructions.

Here's why this point is important...If you are walking someone through setting up account, especially if you aren't sitting beside them, you want to be accurate with what the novice is going to see. 

Hopefully someone who has recently assisted someone else with creating an account will respond.

• Level 5*
4 hours ago, DrFrankBuck said:

Here's why this point is important...If you are walking someone through setting up account, especially if you aren't sitting beside them, you want to be accurate with what the novice is going to see. 

...  There will be one notebook, right click on it and click rename ....  EN has busted some workflows in the past with UI changes made for not the most apparent of reasons.  My experience has bee through PhraseExpress where I have some hotkeys for repetitive tasks.  I've had to tweak a few after some updates.  A quasi generic approach can be safer.

• Ex Employees
6 hours ago, DrFrankBuck said:

Quick question...

In the past, when creating a new account, Evernote would start you off with one notebook. It would be named for the user..."Jim's Notebook," for example. I have always taught people  to rename that notebook ".Inbox." (The period in front of the word causes that notebook to sort to the top of the list.)

I heard someone recently say that when you create a new account, that one notebook is automatically called "Inbox." Is that true? If so, is there some punctuation in front of the word?

(Of course, I could just create a new account and see for myself, but I didn't want to clutter cyberspace with one more junk account.)

@DrFrankBuck In the past, Evernote has had various on-boarding experiences. For example, at one time you were given three options when creating your account. The options asked how you wanted to use Evernote. Depending on what option you chose, the initial notebook(s) created varied. One option created an Inbox notebook. This was removed a while back.

I just verified that in the current account creation process, the notebook is called "My Notebook," and contains a few sample notes on how to use Evernote.

Archived