Fonts are not what I choose

When I select a font I have, such as "Alsina" or default "Script", they don't show up how they should be. They show up as Ariel or another default normal font (Times New Roman, Calibri, Cambria etc.). I have looked around and it seems like no one else has this issue? Not sure what to do here and I'm stuck on this problem.

The image attached shows what happens when I set the font to either "Script" or "Alsina", both just show a default font, not registering the actual font I selected. (and yes, the window that tells you which font it is does match up to what I sat the fonts to)

Capturefont.PNG

• Level 5*

It's not clear exactly what you're doing. Did you select some text in yoru note, and then try to change its font by selecting one from the list? That should work; at least I see it working on my computer. 

Also, if you wish to set a default font for all of your notes, you'd do that in Tools / Options / Note.

I did select the text then change the font like you said, and the image shows what happened, which was reset to a default font. I don't want a default font, I want the font that I'm choosing to show up and it wont work. It even seems like it only likes to use certain fonts and wont let me use any that aren't standard fonts. I've looked up this problem but it seems that no one else has this issue.

• Level 5*

OK, weird. I see this working in the version I'm using now, and can't recall that that case didn't work. Select some text, select a new font, it changes. Every time, for me. Tried it with all kinds of different fonts, not just the standard ones.  Version 6.18.1.8300 (308300) Prerelease (CE Build ce-62.1.7539)

I looked at the version and it says 6.17 (can't find the extra numbers that you have). I recently installed it as well so it should of updated. I'm new to using this, how can I update it on Windows?

• Level 5

I'm also on v. 6.17, which is the most recent public release. (You can check for updates from the Help menu. @jefito is using a beta version.) I'm able to change fonts, even to something like Stencil and Vivaldi Script, without a problem.

What is the source of the text you're trying to reformat? Did you type it, or is it clipped or pasted from the Web or some other source? It's possible that it contains some underlying font code that is preventing you from making changes. If that's the case, selecting the text and doing Simplify Formatting or Remove Formatting from the Format menu might fix it.

If not, I would suggest first simply restarting Evernote, which sometimes clears bad instructions that have gotten lodged in memory: go to the Evernote File menu, then Exit (clicking the red X box only closes the interface, not the whole program). Then restart Evernote and see if the fonts are working right. If not, try uninstalling and reinstalling Evernote. If you have any local notebooks, you should back them up. Otherwise, everything should re-sync to your computer from Evernote's servers after the reinstall.

Hope some of this is  helpful!

Archived