Permanent account deletion

It seems absolutely ridiculous to me that there is no easy method of permanently deleting an account (or even requesting it).

The process is unnecessarily opaque, requiring submitting a ticket (though you have to deactivate your account first which leaves me no way of monitoring the progress of said ticket) after deleting all my notes. I know enough to know that this must be a deliberate design decision and there are plenty of other frustrated people out there also finding this unacceptable.

I'd be inclined to phone/write/email etc. if there were any contact details available - most on these forums seem to think that as they have never had a support email then that in itself is reason why there is no support email? Mental.

I'd be keen to hear the official line on this. In my world, ease of account deletion is a clear sign of the quality of an online service, paid or not.

• Level 5*
On 3/5/2019 at 12:34 PM, chuffstix said:

It seems absolutely ridiculous to me that there is no easy method of permanently deleting an account (or even requesting it).

It seems easy to just simply delete your notes, and empty the trash.
The account is deactivated in the User settings.657212178_ScreenShot2019-03-07at08_13_29.png.75043adff94da6cb3e9bbfe7e4eb724f.png

>>if there were any contact details available

All Accounts      Twitter @evernotehelps   
Paid Accounts   Contact Evernote Support

Archived