Windows Taskbar and Evernote

When I create a new Evernote note, my Windows 10 taskbar unhides. I don't like this.

While this isn't an Evernote problem, I would like to find a way not to have the Windows 10 taskbar appear (unhide) every time I create a note or paste a note into Evernote. 

Does anyone know how to keep the Windows 10 taskbar from appearing each time a new note is created?

Thanks.

• Level 5*

Hi.  I also have my taskbar set to automatically hide,  but it doesn't 'pop up' when I start a new note.  My taskbar has occasionally 'stuck' when it's hidden or unhidden,  and the fix for that is usually to go into taskbar settings and save new choices,  then open it up again and change them back.  Have you tried restarting your system too?

• Level 5*

Only thing I know is to right click on the notification area up caret, click on Taskbar settings, click on Select which icons appear on the taskbar and then un-check Evernote.  My EN icon doesn't appear ever based upon the setting.  FWIW.

• Level 5*
20 hours ago, Coffee First Thing said:

When I create a new Evernote note, my Windows 10 taskbar unhides. I don't like this.

How exactly are you creating a new Evernote note? Via hotkey (e.g. Ctrl+Alt+N)?

5 hours ago, CalS said:

Only thing I know is to right click on the notification area up caret, click on Taskbar settings, click on Select which icons appear on the taskbar and then un-check Evernote.  My EN icon doesn't appear ever based upon the setting.  FWIW.

Evernote is off under "Select which icons appear on the taskbar." And still the taskbar pops up when I create a new note by the Evernote Windows hotkey I've set (Windows key + N) or by pasting a note using the hotkey (Control-Alt-V).

Evernote tray.JPG

• Level 5*
8 minutes ago, Coffee First Thing said:

I create new notes with the Windows key + N, and paste from my clipboard into Evernote with Control+Alt+V. Both cause the taskbar to pop up. 

Does it happen if you click on the new note icon?  Just wondering...

The Windows 10 taskbar does not pop up when I click on the create a new note icon inside of Evernote.

Also, the taskbar does not pop up if I have Evernote in focus. In other words, now that you mention this, the taskbar only pops up when I have another program in focus (usually Google Chrome.) If Evernote is in focus, creating notes with the hotkeys won't cause the taskbar to pop up. 

• Level 5*

I just checked.  For me the EN icon does not appear in the notification area, but the EN icon does change color in the taskbar area to the left when creating a note outside of EN.  Perhaps it is on purpose?

Sigh. Uninstalling and reinstalling Evernote did not solve the problem. Still, whenever I create a note using Control-Alt-N or paste into a note using Control-Alt-V an Evernote bubble pops up along with the entire taskbar. 

The taskbar will only disappear after I click on that Evernote bubble (actually a rectangle) on the taskbar or open Evernote. 

Archived