Sharing and notifications?

fickla

I am trying out using evernote to share training notes with a friend.  The notebook is shared between us but we're not getting notifications when someone posts. Is that normal under the basic account?

The other issue I have is a note I had created disappeared once she started typing in it.  She can see it.  And it shows up under my "shared with me" but it says I no longer have access to see it. She says it's still shared with me. Is there some setting wrong or is it that we should be creating a new note each time and not replying under each other?

• Level 5*
On 2/22/2019 at 1:34 PM, fickla said:

I am trying out using evernote to share training notes with a friend.  The notebook is shared between us but we're not getting notifications when someone posts. Is that normal under the basic account?

I don't think that you get notifications for premium accounts either. 

• Level 5*

There are no email notifications, but if you are using one of the desktop versions the activity icon will change color to show you that something has occurred.  You then have to click on the icon to get extra information.

The other issue I have is a note I had created disappeared once she started typing in it.  She can see it.  And it shows up under my "shared with me" but it says I no longer have access to see it. She says it's still shared with me. Is there some setting wrong or is it that we should be creating a new note each time and not replying under each other?

I'm not sure what is happening but Evernote doesn't handle real time editing of shared notes.  It can be done but it is probably best to sync before you edit a note and then after an edit to make sure all changes have been pushed out or received.  Concerning the problem note, maybe copy it in new note and share that and then delete the original one if the new one is working out ok. 

Archived