(Archived) clipping help

I need some clipping help...guess I am getting dense in my old age. ;-)

Currently I have 3 notebooks. Lets call them Default, Work, and Other. The Default is the default and has the bullet in front of it indicating this.

In Windows XP when I clip from the add to evernote (version 3.0.0.550 (27500)) clip in links form IE it puts the clipping in Work, not my default. Same when I use the universal clipper down in the tray by the clock, though that pops up a window that I can quickly click on to add tags, email, or delete.

In Mac 10.5 Safari's clipper sends the clippings to a web browser/web notebooks, not to the local client. And the clipper on top of the finder only allows clipping as screenshots.

Now:

1) In the most recent blog post it talks about being able to select different notebooks to file clips in as you are clipping. It also shows a File clip that indicates to me maybe being able to clip actual files. I see no way of doing either of these as my situation is as above.

2) Why do my clipped notes on the PC go to Work, and not to Default?

3) The video introduction on the website use to (and may still) have a demonstration of Evernote and the presenter is using a Mac, yet when he captures/clips from the web he is doing so as actual text/html, not a screenshot. Does this mean additional Mac clipping is coming?

4) Can we add local files to Notebooks?

Thanks!

There is some confusion with what 'default' means.

All clips go to currently *selected* notebook (i.e. notebook you work with). Default notebook is used only when you select 'All notebooks'.

We are planning to tweak the UI soon to make it more straightforward.

I would love to have the option to designate a certain notebook that receives all clips. This is one of my frustrations with Google Notebook. I would like to have an "inbox" that all clips/Ctl+alt+n notes go in that I can later process into specific notebooks.

Don't know if this is in the works, but I'd love to see it!

Kevin

I would love to have the option to designate a certain notebook that receives all clips. This is one of my frustrations with Google Notebook. I would like to have an "inbox" that all clips/Ctl+alt+n notes go in that I can later process into specific notebooks.

Don't know if this is in the works, but I'd love to see it!

Kevin

Yes, we are going to add an option to select which notebook to put clips into -- either to currently selected notebook or to some specific notebook of user's choice.

Archived