Scroll bar does not drag note list all the way to the top

On Windows 10 client. In Note List view. If I scroll deep down into the list, and then want to get back to the top of the list, I click and hold on the scroll box, and drag upward - as far as it will go. At this point, before releasing my mouse button, I see that the first Note is visible in the list. But when I release the mouse button, the list jumps down several notes. So I do it again, and this time it does the same thing, but doesn't jump quite as far down. I can never actually get to the the top of the list with this method. So what I have to do is either hit ctrol-home or click on the UP-button portion of the scroll bar repeatedly, until I get to the top of the note list.

You should be able to drag the scroll box up to the top and have it position you to the first note. That's not what happens.

• Level 5*

Hi.  I tend to use a shortcut (cunningly labelled "TOP") to jump to the top of my main note list - I have a lot of notes,  mainly in the one folder; so it's a long list.  As you mention,  there are a couple of key combinations that work too.

• Level 5*
21 hours ago, geetarplayer said:

On Windows 10 client. In Note List view. If I scroll deep down into the list, and then want to get back to the top of the list, I click and hold on the scroll box, and drag upward - as far as it will go. At this point, before releasing my mouse button, I see that the first Note is visible in the list. But when I release the mouse button, the list jumps down several notes. So I do it again, and this time it does the same thing, but doesn't jump quite as far down. I can never actually get to the the top of the list with this method. So what I have to do is either hit ctrol-home or click on the UP-button portion of the scroll bar repeatedly, until I get to the top of the note list.

You should be able to drag the scroll box up to the top and have it position you to the first note. That's not what happens.

Yeah, this has been reported before.  The scroll bar does not function as one would expect with long lists.  Per @gazumped workarounds are shortcuts or using a text expander.  Putting created:19000101 in a saved search will.get you to the top of the list, assuming you save the search view sorted the way you want, created in this example.  

Archived