Classic-Link option not accessible via Spaces

In our company, we use the evernote app, and hardly anyone ever accesses evernote via browser. Therefore we use the classic links to hyperlink notes. However, from the Spaces-view it's not possible to create classic links (internal links). From the notebook-view this is possible. Could this please be implemented?

Cheers,

Matti Lehtinen

1 hour ago, kreisimatti said:

In our company, we use the evernote app, and hardly anyone ever accesses evernote via browser. Therefore we use the classic links to hyperlink notes. However, from the Spaces-view it's not possible to create classic links (internal links). From the notebook-view this is possible. Could this please be implemented?

Cheers,

Matti Lehtinen

You can force a classic note link by holding down the option key while grabbing the link. 😊

On 2/19/2019 at 3:06 PM, Sayre Ambrosio said:

You can force a classic note link by holding down the option key while grabbing the link. 😊

This works in Notebook-view, when accessing them from the sidebar. The classic link option doesn't work when in Spaces-view. You can try this yourself. Seems to me, it was left out by mistake.

10 hours ago, kreisimatti said:

This works in Notebook-view, when accessing them from the sidebar. The classic link option doesn't work when in Spaces-view. You can try this yourself. Seems to me, it was left out by mistake.

Do you mean trying to share spaces with a link or just trying to share a regular link while inside a single note or notebook inside of a space. Want to make sure I’m testing the right thing. 

I just tried in a space I have set up and I can force a classic link no matter where I try to grab it from. Works just like in my personal side of the account. I attached a screenshot of the version that I'm running on both my Macs (one on High Sierra and the other on Mojave)

Screen Shot 2019-02-22 at 4.30.13 PM.png

Hi Sayre, thanks for your help and sorry for my slow response!

So it seems we have exactly the same version, and that shouldn't be a problem. I'm also on Mojave.

I will walk you through the steps so you get an idea of what exactly doesn't work:

1. Single-click on a Space on the left side bar.

2. Single-click on a triangle next to the title of a notebook to collapse it open.

3. Right-click on a note. You see the option to share a link. Pressing the alt key does nothing.

This way it works though:

1. Single-click on a Space on the left side bar.

2. Double-click on any notebook to open it in a new window.

3. Right-click on a note. You see the option to share a link. Alt key reveals the classic link.

So it seems to me like a bit of a bug, since there's really no good explanation why it works one way but not the other. Or what do you think?

Archived