Can’t make stack

I’ve had an Evernote account for a long time but I haven’t used it much. I’m now trying to set up a GTD system. I have created many notebooks and I have 1 stack. I am trying to set up another stack to hold reference material about my projects. I created a stack named “Reference”. This name is accepted but after a few seconds back at the notebook list, the stack disappears. The notebook in the stack is in the notebook list. I thought that maybe Reference is a reserved word. I was thinking that I could have a Reserved stack and a Project stack with the same notebook names. Nope! So I tried using “Other Info” as my reserved stack name. Nope! The only thing that has worked is using Foo as the stack name and using a / in front of the name of the notebook in the stack. I’m bumping up against something that I don’t understand. I’m working with an iPad, therefore iOS. I’ll be starting up on my PC soon. Probably another learning curve.

• Level 5*
16 hours ago, Jimbak123 said:

I’ve had an Evernote account for a long time but I haven’t used it much. I’m now trying to set up a GTD system. I have created many notebooks and I have 1 stack. I am trying to set up another stack to hold reference material about my projects. I created a stack named “Reference”. This name is accepted but after a few seconds back at the notebook list, the stack disappears. The notebook in the stack is in the notebook list. I thought that maybe Reference is a reserved word. I was thinking that I could have a Reserved stack and a Project stack with the same notebook names. Nope! So I tried using “Other Info” as my reserved stack name. Nope! The only thing that has worked is using Foo as the stack name and using a / in front of the name of the notebook in the stack. I’m bumping up against something that I don’t understand. I’m working with an iPad, therefore iOS. I’ll be starting up on my PC soon. Probably another learning curve.

Just me, but I would create your stacks on the PC (just drag notebook on notebook to create stack, rename, drag other notebooks into the stack).  Much easier platform on which to do such things, and many other things as well.  IOS is fine for lookup and light maintenance or simple note adding, not so much for more complex tasks.  Personal opinion.

• Level 5*
16 hours ago, Jimbak123 said:

I created a stack named “Reference”. This name is accepted but after a few seconds back at the notebook list, the stack disappears.

Stacks are working for me.

The stack "disappears" when all notebooks are removed.

Getting technical; Stacks don't exist as an entity.  They exist only as a notation on a notebook record.

• 1 year later...
  • Level 5*
1 hour ago, MLHB said:

I can't make stacks anymore, either. Do you suppose they have done away with this feature? Would be nice to know.

If you are using the "New" version of EN web, go back to the "Previous" version if you want this and other functionality to work.  The new version is not fully baked. 

• 1 month later...