brampeirs

Idea

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Posts

The ability to use markdown native in the App.

I feel on the biggest missing features is native support for Markdown. Please add native Markdown to Evernote.

Yeah, I'm reaching the point where I might abandon Evernote in favor of something that DOES support markdown.

Posted Images

• Level 5

Extended formatting options were now introduced with EN for iOS 10. This is the first release client that has the features that will probably be rolled out to the other clients as well.

The release still has bugs, but the formatting is there to stay. It is not full markdown, but allows for real nice layouts. 3 header levels, a new checklist feature, color selection for the text marker and more.

Header style selection:

image.thumb.jpeg.252b6091c77c33bca1604269224c40ec.jpeg

Change format of header style:

image.thumb.jpeg.5dea36131b5830f60184ba5f8c293f92.jpeg

Yes - we need a markdown!
I have naturally been a premium member for the last three (3) years and needed to change evernote to another app, so I need a markdown ...

The application that has been the best for so many years is losing its positions and is about to turn into a large corporation with many layers of bureaucracy ...

I don't understand why you can't hear your members?

• Like 1
  • Level 5

There are new editing features now in EN iOS 10, 3 levels of headers for example. They are not created by markdown keys, but probably they work in a similar fashion. 

Because markdown is not narrowly defined, anybody with the new iOS client may give it a try, and check whether we got at least one step closer to some markdown capability. I have voted for it quite a while ago.

They are trying to release the new editor to all platforms, fixing bugs on iOS and adding the removed features first. Hopefully in 2023 lol.

• Haha 1
  • Level 5*
On 10/3/2020 at 7:11 PM, Yanesh Tyagi said:

It's almost the end of 2020. I see that this thread is going on since years. Does the Evernote team has any plan to support markdown?

There's no indication of Evernote planning to support Markdown natively   
The base format is enml (basically html)

I'll simply echo what a few others have said: I abandoned Evernote over a year ago largely due to its lack of Markdown support. There are a number of other note-taking apps out there that perform equally as good—if not better than—Evernote, including Bear for macOS, at a fraction of the subscription price of Evernote.

• Level 5*
6 minutes ago, Christopher Zenner said:

There are a number of other note-taking apps out there that perform equally as good—if not better than—Evernote

And some of them have support for Markdown

The cartoon above is funny, but doesn't make sense to me. Do you suggest that we as users should pay Evernote now to support the development for Markdown in future? I could consider, say, pay for a Kickstarter-like project that directly go to Markdown development and then get premium when it's delivered or get my money back if it doesn't happen. But I'm not going to pay for an incomplete product (to me and many other users markdown is a must-have) that doesn't meet my basic needs.

• Level 5*
8 minutes ago, DanielZhou said:

The cartoon above is funny, but doesn't make sense to me.

It's intended to be funny and not in an ugly way.  ;)

It is a reaction to the number of times "... if only EN had putyourwishhere I would subscribe... " has appeared in these forum pages.  No more, no less.

• Haha 1
On 1/20/2015 at 7:27 AM, brampeirs said:

The ability to use markdown native in the App.

Unbelievable! Almost six years old thread/request. 

Now we have "beautiful" version 10 - full of critical bugs, and still no markdown support. How come?...

• Level 5*
20 minutes ago, Barabasz said:

we have "beautiful" version 10

I'm still using the legacy product
Why do you consider the Version 10 product "beautiful"?

5 minutes ago, DTLow said:

Why do you consider the Version 10 product "beautiful"

One might say that it is actually beautiful :) (and objectively speaking, it probably is -  it is certainly more consistent across platforms).  But I putted this adjective in quotes due to horrible bugs. I was forced to use legacy version as well (especially on Windows due to keyboard shortcut bug). 

• Level 5*
8 minutes ago, thicks said:

Is there a way to just like every post in this thread?

The feature request is posted at the top
To indicate support, use the vote button at the top left corner of the discussion

Excellent, Thank you @Jon/t!!!

Unfortunately, I need a direct download (v7) because "Code Blocks" are not available in the mac app store version (v10)....another issue. Are code blocks back in the app store download? I can't download and test without killing my direct download version