Can't install 6.17.6 update

It attempts to install, then sends back note "the  file 'c:\users\xxxx\Appdata\local\Temp' is not a valid installation package for the product Evernote c. 6.11.2. Try to find the installation package 'Evernote.msi' in a folder from which you can install Evernote v. 6.11.2.

The older version of Evernote c.6.17.6 cannot be removed.

error1.jpg

Evidently, the original MSI that gets cached in Windows\Installers must have been deleted. (Some "cleanup" tools do that - if those files are deleted, you can't uninstall those associated programs) You need to get the 6.11.2 installer and run a repair. You'll then be able to either uninstall or upgrade. (I would also clean up any files in "%TEMP%" just in case the bootstrapper is getting confused)

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Ok, I found it here--posting for others who may be seeking the same answer: https://filehippo.com/download_evernote/history/

Since this is clearly required to upgrade to new Evernote versions, I don't understand why Evernote doesn't incorporate some code that will track down old installer files when they are needed, or at least host the older versions on their own website so that customers' ability to continue using the latest version of their product isn't dependent on a third party's good will (or potentially malicious, if the third party decided to take advantage of people trusting their file archives).

-joe2

• 4 months later...