One of the Best Evernote Articles I've read

EverSpiral

• Level 5*

Evernote is my digital filing cabinet.
 I've bought into the "Remember Everything", and not "
creativity and how the human brain works".

The article commented on notebooks

My conclusion was that the global structure of Evernote’s notebooks and stacks is relatively unimportant. I keep notebooks just specific enough to make it obvious where a particular note belongs, mostly to satisfy my spatial itch.

And also seemed unimpressed with the Tags feature

imho  Many notes have very clear context, and should be tagged as such.  For example, a Recipe for Chicken should be tagged  Recipe - Chicken

• Level 5*

Hi.  What's the takeaway from this article?  There's so much detail there that I kinda lost the plot a bit - something about staying open to random inputs from all sources..?  Not sure that I'd agree - most folks have a limited range of problems to solve,  whether they're getting stains out of a shirt or trying to put a massive payload into high orbit.  If an individual suddenly gets a note about cooking,  it's not going to help - and statistically most random notes won;t be about anything which might be peripheral to the content of that note:  it's more likely to be noise than inspiration.

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, CalS said:

Kind of lost me at the first sentence - Let’s imagine how you would use Evernote if you had a brain. 

That was my first warning sign, and then I saw this:

clip.jpg

I didn't read any more after noticing that ...

Thanks to all for the warnings about the first few sentences 🙂.    I only got this far before stopping - "What the brain does best is thinking. Evernote is most valuable not as a remembering tool, but as a thinking tool."  

I would counter with David Allen's line, "Remember, the important thing is to get stuff off your mind and into a trusted system".    It's clear the participants in this thread have worked to find a way to trust EN in a way that works for them, freeing the mind for thinking.   Perhaps I am paraphrasing Allen, "Stress comes from not being able to remember where your stuff is".   I don't think well when I'm stressed.

Archived