Commenting on notes

Jillian Gogel

Idea

Hi guys,

Not sure if this has ever been requested before or not, but is there any way to create comments (or add side notes) to existing notes, especially materials brought to Evernote by the Web Clipper? If this isn't already available, I think it would be a really great feature to have. 

If it doesn't exist, does anyone have ideas on how to do something similar in the meantime? 

Thanks! 

6 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Hi.  Short answer - No.  It is possible to annotate a screen shot,  but not a page clip.  Plus annotations aren't really designed for long comments.  It should be possible to add comments on a new note and paste a link to that note in the clip,  or to write a 'parent' note containing all comments with a link to the clip to see the original text.

On 2/13/2019 at 6:57 AM, Jillian Gogel said:

Hi guys,

Not sure if this has ever been requested before or not, but is there any way to create comments (or add side notes) to existing notes, especially materials brought to Evernote by the Web Clipper? If this isn't already available, I think it would be a really great feature to have. 

If it doesn't exist, does anyone have ideas on how to do something similar in the meantime? 

Thanks! 

What gazumped said is a good way to go.  If you're looking for more information, try searching for "Evernote Table of Contents", and you'll see examples where others have used this feature.  I use this all the time to index and pull together a bunch of related notes.  And all of your comments will be in that master note with the links.

Also, you can attach comments to clips as you're making them.  Not sure if that would help or if you're trying to comment after the fact.  Here's an example of me commenting on your post and what the note looks like in Evernote.

Webclipper.PNG

Resulting Note.PNG

• Level 5*
28 minutes ago, Kruger2147 said:

This is useful and I use it, but I was more thinking commenting a la Google Docs. https://support.google.com/docs/answer/65129?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en

Well,  Evernote has an embeddable link to Docs files,  so you could just comment there and attach the link to a note - maybe with a copy of the original text in the note to feed the search index?

- Something I missed earlier by the way...  It's also possible to paste a copy of a web page or some text into the left column of a table,  and add comments in the right-hand column...

Archived