Type gets bigger after backspacing

Okay, I'm not even sure how to word this to search for it. I tried a few different variations.

While editing on Android (Samsung Galax Tablet), if I type, i'm fine. BUT! If I backspace "around" a line break (to delete a bad idea), the resulting line of type becomes larger. This happens EACH TIME I backspace to the previous line.

Am I the only one?

• Level 5

I use Evernote on a Samsung Android phone, and I haven't seen this (which doesn't mean it's not real). A couple of questions. Are you using the latest version of the EN app? Have you tried Simplify Formatting (from the menu at top right)? What's the source of the text--your own typing, or pasted from elsewhere, such as a Website? Sometimes pasted text comes with unseen HTML formatting that is only revealed when something is deleted.

• 4 weeks later...

OKAY, after a month, I've managed to get it to do it again.

Greeked most of the text in the attached screenshot but you'll get the idea.

I don't remember if this was the case in previous times it did this but, in this case, it happened in a numbered list.

I think it's triggered by backspacing backward over a line break, but once it's triggered, every new numbered "bullet" is slightly larger.

Type Gets Bigger.png

Forgot to reply to Dave-in-Decatur.

I'm not sure what the source of the previous notes was, but the one I just posted was either created from a "clip" on Reddit or maybe two notes were merged?

• Level 5

That is really weird. I do suspect it may have something to do with the specific type of material being pasted and then edited/added to, esp. if it only happens relatively rarely. You might want to contact Evernote support about it, in case there's some programming that could be done to prevent it.

Archived