COPY and PASTE TEXT STYLE FUNCTION IS MISSING

TdeV

Idea

55 replies to this idea

Just for the record it's called "Format Painter" - copy formatting from one area of document and paint it on another. 

Hard to believe evernote doesn't have this feature. um.. actually not really hard to believe based on their lack of implementing even the simplest of improvements

image.png.08dd1cb62fb8cc77bca72acec4d49275.png

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
On 9/28/2018 at 10:15 PM, Goul said:

Everyone tells evernote is the best app... but wondering about it every day.

Best app for what??

imho  The Evernote service is the best for organizing and processing my data.
           The editor is adequate for basic notes.  
           - It is not word processing quality.
           - It can handle basic html code, but gets confused with complex web clippings.

This is one of the most missing feature during my evernote experience.
If you are clipping information from different web sites, it easily turns into a mess of different formats and causes you to loose yourself inside your note.
Think about that, I need to move whole content of a note to another text editor on my local for formatting in a standard way and paste it back to Evernote again.

Dear product managers, please hear voice of these users.

• Level 5*
6 hours ago, Tsiry said:

I left Microsoft OneNote because Evernote helps me to centralize very easily my notes. But I'm missing too much this «Format Painter» and have to switch painfully between with Word/OneNote to get document formatted first and paste it on Evernote.

I VOTE to add the format painter function on Evernote. I'm a programmer, and I know it's not too hard to do that, so why don't you, Evernote Developers, add it to the new release? Thank you

By the way, what's the advantage of PREMIUM USERS if their feedback is not taken as priority?

Larger monthly allotment, sending emails, simultaneous devices, note history, indexed attachments, ability to at least submit a trouble ticket...

I have posted a new request to "Change text size for selected text in an individual note" to consolidate this and similar requests into one request.
PLEASE copy this request name, search for it in the Evernote Home Page or Request forum, and vote for it by clicking the up arrow in front of the request. Maybe we can get the Evernote teams attention. 

I voted:  I did not know about this site until today. There has been an ongoing request to be able to change the DEFAULT size for ALL notes and this was just recently incorporated.  However my request for 5 years has been to allow a change in size and font on an individual note on Android Phone & Tablet without using the Simplify Formatting option that destroys most of the other formatting in the note.

• Level 5*
7 minutes ago, mikefinleyco said:

Hard to believe evernote doesn't have this feature.

I've seen no indication that Evernote is interested in a format painter feature
It's more common to see this feature in Word Processing apps

It is an absolute waste of time to request changes and features on these discussion forum's.  

You can follow the time and effort that has been put into correcting a BUG in the Android version of Cut & Paste for several years. Follow 

The basic problem is "Android currently doesn't support different font size options because it is not on the same version of the Evernote editor as other platforms such as iOS or the desktop app.
We are hoping to bring our users some editing improvements in 2018,"

Good luck ya'all.

I see this kind of thread and request for ages. Everyone tells evernote is the best app... but wondering about it every day.

This is the most basis feature ever, existing in all notes apps and soooooo much needed. How come not yet done!!???

On 9/29/2018 at 7:15 AM, Goul said:

I see this kind of thread and request for ages. Everyone tells evernote is the best app... but wondering about it every day.

This is the most basis feature ever, existing in all notes apps and soooooo much needed. How come not yet done!!???

You're right, I've just check, it was already here in onenote 2013....  At that time onenote has also mobile apps and is totally free....

So may one day I will migrate, just need some courage to change my habits ;)

Format painter is badly needed. 

Just about every time I use EN as a document creation tool I end up tearing my hair out...in this case clicking and dragging across blank cells in one of the new templates to make them white and green doesn't work if the cell is empty. Exasperating. And to top it off, white isn't even in the standard palette, to access it you need another two clicks.

I'm a big fan of Evernote, but the way the company invests time into developing features which are a pale shadow of the competition is bewildering.

• Level 5*
14 hours ago, BJD said:

Just about every time I use EN as a document creation tool 

The Evernote editor is not my choice for a "document creation tool"; its more of a note / web-page-format creator

I left Microsoft OneNote because Evernote helps me to centralize very easily my notes. But I'm missing too much this «Format Painter» and have to switch painfully between with Word/OneNote to get document formatted first and paste it on Evernote.

I VOTE to add the format painter function on Evernote. I'm a programmer, and I know it's not too hard to do that, so why don't you, Evernote Developers, add it to the new release? Thank you

By the way, what's the advantage of PREMIUM USERS if their feedback is not taken as priority?

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, Jason Paulsen said:

please add basic copy paste text style functionality - this has been requested by multiple uers for YEARS now. Please WAKE UP and fix your product. 

Post was merged into existing feature request.

• Level 5

These are user-to-user forums. Whoever decided to make @EverNote their user name is just another user, not Evernote staff. It's an ongoing feature request, so presumably they're aware of it. Of course, it's possible to paste without formatting (Ctrl+Shift+V); but Evernote is not Word or Paint, and may not have the same inherent possibilities.