Text Colors

Tangoblue37

Idea

I would appreciate the ability to change the colour of font when using Evernote on an android device - sometimes having everything in a note in black makes it difficult to find the right section and color would really help. 

As a side note,  more colour options in the highlighter would also be welcome. 

• Like 4

24 replies to this idea

On 1/2/2016 at 10:16 PM, Tangoblue37 said:

I would appreciate the ability to change the colour of font when using Evernote on an android device - sometimes having everything in a note in black makes it difficult to find the right section and color would really help. 

As a side note,  more colour options in the highlighter would also be welcome. 

Thanks for the feedback Tangoblue. That's in our backlog. I added your comment to document it further. 

• Like 1

please i need this feature, I use evernote to save pieces of conversations taken from a forum and I need the colors to indicate the names of the people who write, quotes, etc etc, so then why use evernote + everything searchable, though if it continues to lack this feature I will have to write the whole thing in the word sheets :-(

It's a very good idea. I use my phone very often while taking notes. And It's really important to have something like colors. It would be really good If there is a more highlighter colors too!

On 1/5/2016 at 3:25 AM, Xavier_ said:

Thanks for the feedback Tangoblue. That's in our backlog. I added your comment to document it further. 

Xavier my good friend.

It's been a few years.

Can it really take so long for such a small update?

Please assist us in this endeavour.

I'm pretty much always disappointed when i receive new app updates from Evernote, both in Android and Windows.

The most significant update recently is a logo change, now that was new. Instead of feeling disappointment, it was incredulity and annoyance instead. 

It's been over 4 years since this feature was last suggested, it is the Top 10 most popular Android features. And in the long while since, I've unsubscribed from Evernote Plus due to the low value it provided.

Ideally, Evernote shouldn't be used to annotate anything complex. This includes color formatting and tables. The viewing and writing format isn't good for long documents, and formatting is messed up between desktop/Android. Instead, use one of the heavyweights like Google Drive, OneNote, or even MS Office Online.

EverNote is best for short-form notes/bullet points.

• Level 5
On 2/4/2019 at 10:30 AM, Cardin said:

It's been over 4 years since this feature was last suggested, it is the Top 10 most popular Android features. And in the long while since, I've unsubscribed from Evernote Plus due to the low value it provided.

Ideally, Evernote shouldn't be used to annotate anything complex. This includes color formatting and tables. The viewing and writing format isn't good for long documents, and formatting is messed up between desktop/Android. Instead, use one of the heavyweights like Google Drive, OneNote, or even MS Office Online.

EverNote is best for short-form notes/bullet points.

In the current state of the EN editor, I completely agree. People try to create complex documents in Evernote, and complain here that it isn't a very good tool for that job. Well ... it isn't, so for such purposes I use another tool! It will be great if they level up the editors across platforms, so we can add and edit hyperlinks as well as change fonts, font sizes, and font colors in Android. Till then, simple notes is what it's for.

Everyone supporting this and other similar requests, please be sure you've clicked the upward-pointing arrow at the top of the page to vote for the request--it'll turn green for you when you've clicked it.

I created a note that has colored text that anyone can copy/paste into their own notes if they would like.  Obviously not as good as an internally-created solution, but some users might find it to be at least sufficient for the time being: https://www.evernote.com/shard/s299/sh/418d19a2-60b9-4aa9-b17d-4a377b7b5b56/11775171408a1e3e293ad61a3e285680

Edit: that link didn't seem to work, so one can find it at: https://echoreflection.postach.io/post/color-note-for-sharing-with-en-community

Edited by Echoreflection
Initial post not sufficient
  • Thanks 1