Syncing very slowly

NickLawPT

Idea

For some unknown reason, for approximately the last 2 weeks my evernote account has been syncing very SLOWLY.

It will eventually sync, though sometimes only after repeated times/extended amount of trials (i.e. >30 minutes). This occurs after a trivial change to a text note.

The same issue occurs with logging in - it takes repeated efforts/an extended amount of time.

I have uninstalled/reinstalled evernote with no success.

I have two accounts and the same issue is present on both of them - one of them is very small with regards to the volume of notes in them.

I have logged in on another device on the same network with no issues. Thus, it would seem to be some problem local to my specific computer connecting with the evernote server? Then again, it frequently seems to 'freeze' and go into the 'not responding' realm.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

2 replies to this idea

If you can, and if you have the time, do a factory restore on your device, then download all the Android/OEM updates, but don't restore any other apps, just install Evernote. It's a lot of work, but it would eliminate the possibility that EN is conflicting with another app.

A simpler approach might be to disable every 3rd party app on your device, except for Evernote. Then do a hard power cycle.

I suspect the result of all this testing will be to conclude that EN just misbehaves sometimes. Due to this any many, many other hard-to-isolate bugs, I imagine their code base is a mess.

Archived