Navigating and right clicking on note titles should not open the note

ma_ran

Idea

I tend to link to a lot of other notes within a note. It feels quite cumbersome that the main note pane will automatically refresh when the user has not left-clicked on a different note. E.g. when navigating  various notebooks to browse the list of note titles, or when right-clicking on a note title to grab it's "internal link". --I am aware there's a back button, but sometimes I browse through many notebooks before finding the correct note to link, and then to navigate back all the way to my original note is very distracting. Also I don't see the benefit to try to anticipate what note the user wants opened when they have the ability to do so explicitly by left-clicking on a title.  

Thanks

1 reply to this idea

• Level 5*
7 hours ago, ma_ran said:

I am aware there's a back button, but sometimes I browse through many notebooks before finding the correct note to link, and then to navigate back all the way to my original note is very distracting.

Long-press the back button on the toolbar, and you'll see the recent note stack; easier to go back by more than one jump.

I've been using Evernote for 10+ years, and never noticed the right-click behavior as being odd. I don't see it as being a bad thing myself, but maybe an option to select or not would be in order.

Archived