Show full title text in side bar

Stefano Bonnini

How can you see, it is impossibile di understand on whitch note I have to work because the side bar show only a small piece of the note title.

Why????

This way of building the web client interface is really incomprehensible. Is it possible that there are no solutions?

I have a professional account, but despite this I can not work with the web client.

Are there any solutions?

ScreenClip.thumb.png.8a639dcaade9aefa82097f9eeafc312a.png

• Level 5*

Hi.  If you create a Table of Contents note for each notebook,  then a main ToC note for all of those 'child' toc notes,  you can move through your notes more visually.  AFAIK there's no way to alter the screen layout.  You could try the other version of the web layout to see if that improves anything - check Settings for the switch.

Here's a copy of part of one of my ToC dashboards - I tend towards short-ish titles starting with a date...

screenshot-www.evernote.com-2019_01.31-12-51-09.thumb.png.5ecd3aeaad2843c009b189680397f618.png

This not a valid solution, because a table of content does not automatically update it self if you modify thes notes.

I'm a software developer and for me it is incredible a behaviour like this: the user should have the opportunity to view the entire note title, not only a small part that.
I do not have to make a note with a ToC every time I do a search: it's not tolerable.

Imagine looking for documents on the computer disk and imagine that the system will only show you the first 10 characters of each name. Would you accept such behavior as valid?

• Level 5*
3 hours ago, Stefano Bonnini said:

a table of content does not automatically update it self if you modify thes notes

I agree Evernote ToCs are a little limited in that respect - little more than snapshots of a search.  However I use Filterize -  the "due today" listing above is filled from a search for any note with a reminder date of today,  and the "most urgent" are all those notes tagged (as you might expect) "01_now" (I labelled all my 'GTD' tags in that format so '01' shows me that list).

The searches run automatically with each sync,  so my list is up to date on all active devices within 15 minutes.

Totally agree with you, Stephano-- this is a big problem for me as well.

EN needs to convert the fixed divider between the sidebar and the main page into a slider so that you can move it so as to give as much space as you want to either side.

• Level 5*
40 minutes ago, Jim Rogers said:

EN needs to convert the fixed divider between the sidebar and the main page into a slider so that you can move it so as to give as much space as you want to either side.

I'd vote for word wrap - thats the UI in IOS

Archived