Links in 7.8 need help

I just got v7.8 and the links system is not at all what I had in a previous version.  I have two Notes, A and Z.  I want to see in A a clickable link that, when used, we send me to Z. When, in Z, I click Link/Add Link I get a window asking me to insert "the web address for this link".  A web address has nothing to do with the linkage I want to create: I just want to paste into A a link to click on that will send me from A to Z.  How can I do what I want?  Thanks.

20 minutes ago, pleasemakeitwork said:

I just got v7.8 and the links system is not at all what I had in a previous version.  I have two Notes, A and Z.  I want to see in A a clickable link that, when used, we send me to Z. When, in Z, I click Link/Add Link I get a window asking me to insert "the web address for this link".  A web address has nothing to do with the linkage I want to create: I just want to paste into A a link to click on that will send me from A to Z.  How can I do what I want?  Thanks.

To insert a link and have it react the same way as it did before, you'll want to right-click or Control-Click the note to get the pop-up menu. When you see that click on Copy Note Link like @DTLow said. Then you can just paste it into the note you would like the link in. :)

Right clicking on the note - anywhere in it - brings up Link/Add Link/Insert Web Address but there is nothing that I want to insert

In the menu bar above hitting Note/Copy Note Link brings up this

"Please verify your email address to share notes and notebooks." This is not what I want the link for but  even when I send the verification nothing happens to create a link.  I get nothin to paste 

Those are the only options I am given and in neither of them do I get something to paste. I am stumped

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, pleasemakeitwork said:

Please verify your email address ...

I'm not familiar with this; regardless, get the verification resolved then you can copy the note link

>>Link/Add Link/Insert Web Address

I use this when I want to insert a link.  It's used after selecting text and converts the text to a link

1 hour ago, pleasemakeitwork said:

Right clicking on the note - anywhere in it - brings up Link/Add Link/Insert Web Address but there is nothing that I want to insert

"Please verify your email address to share notes and notebooks." This is not what I want the link for but  even when I send the verification nothing happens to create a link.  I get nothin to paste 

Those are the only options I am given and in neither of them do I get something to paste. I am stumped

I've put together a short video of what I described to see if we are following the same process. :) As soon as it's done processing I'll upload the link to it. 

1 hour ago, pleasemakeitwork said:

Here is the video. Let me know if you are following the same procedure.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1AcbUPAdVQldu-u-9rRY_C6wt-ze6WkoE

Archived