Evernote 7.8 keeps crashing on mac OS 10.12.6

• Level 5*
22 hours ago, christophe14 said:

Where can I find all older Evernote 7.x versions for Mac ?

There is a post in the feedback forum for each release; containing a link to download the software.

• Level 5*
21 minutes ago, DTLow said:

There is a post in the feedback forum for each release; containing a link to download the software.

The problem with those links is that sometimes the link is just to the current version of Evernote Mac.  So the links in the release announcement for an old version may no longer actually point to that version, but to the current version at the moment.

@christophe14 Thanks for reporting. I located your crash in our repository and filed a bug with our developers. So far this appears to be an issue with your search index and it only seems to affect users on macOS 10.12. 

If you don't have local notebooks, you might want to consider rebuilding your database following the steps from the article below. 

https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/209004847

@JMichaelTX Thanks for bringing this up. 

On 1/28/2019 at 9:02 PM, JMichaelTX said:

The problem with those links is that sometimes the link is just to the current version of Evernote Mac.  So the links in the release announcement for an old version may no longer actually point to that version, but to the current version at the moment.

@JMichaelTX
I fully agree, I cannot find old versions announcements.

This is not the first time I am encoutering such kind of error when updating Evernote from one version to another.
Testing before releasing is a MUST !

Sometimes, when updating, the line space is changed, making my notes uggly.
Is there a line space parameter in Evernote preferences ?
Or is this another bug coming from the update ?
Are you aware of this ?

• Level 5*
34 minutes ago, christophe14 said:

Thanks for the link provided !
Unfortunately, it doesn't contain all the versions released.

Well, it does go back to Ver 5, released in May 2014.

Did you notice the paging at the bottom of the first page?
image.png.eb2780510105fec9607f79e0fa8d6833.png

As most of the time Evernote update is failing, I am forced to test each and every version.
As I was using Evernote 7.1.1, I was looking for the following versions (in dmg format):
But I was able to update successfully to version 7.2.3

I'm having the same problem, I have Evernote 7.8 and it keeps crashing on mac OS 10.12.6!! I tried all of the above, rebuilding the database and reinstalling the older Evernote versions but none of them work and just says "Your local Evernote data is being managed by a newer version of Evernote." I really depend on this app and I'm at a loss what to do! Any advice would be appreciated!

• Level 5*
On 1/31/2019 at 9:35 AM, lochtess said:

"Your local Evernote data is being managed by a newer version of Evernote." I really depend on this app and I'm at a loss what to do! Any advice would be appreciated!

To downgrade to an earlier version, you must address all the components; not just the app. 

An approach is to completely delete Evernote from your device and start fresh.  The app AppCleaner is recommended for this.

Afterwards, install the Evernote app, login, and your database will be rebuilt from the server.  Warning - the rebuild does not include unsync'd notes or Local Notebooks.

• Level 5*
On 1/31/2019 at 11:35 AM, lochtess said:

I'm having the same problem, I have Evernote 7.8 and it keeps crashing on mac OS 10.12.6!! I tried all of the above, 

Did you try this from above:

On 1/28/2019 at 12:18 PM, JMichaelTX said:

If you completely remove the current version, then you will NOT get the error you did.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for the late reply but yes I Use the appcleaner and tried to download the older apps and it just keep saying there is a newer app won't let me use the old one.

When I download the new app It will work for a short time and then it will start crashing again.I'm on MacOS 10.12.6 Sierra and I don't really want to upgrade to the newest operating system if I don't have to.  Is this happening with the new OS Mojave?

Thanks again for any suggestions!!

• Level 5*
5 hours ago, lochtess said:

yes I Use the appcleaner 

To be clear,  you use AppCleaner to remove all components of Evernote from your device; app, database, ...

It seems you left a database component from your previous installation

hey I also need that version, and I tried the way you guys tell but it can't actually work. is there any another way to do this. and also I found a very interesting app named mega shows. you really tried this once. and please tell me the other way of doing this. I really need to know.

Archived