Evernote uglyfied with via the black navigation panel

fr0zensphere

Idea

I have a simple piece of feedback. Some time ago the panel on the left side of the Evernote desktop application was some kind of deep shade of blue, and it looked nice. Then, at some point this was changed to a black color. I believe the text color was also different? Not sure on that, though. In any case, it looks much uglier now. The whole application was substantially more visually appealing under the older design.

It would be great if you could bring back the old design OR add some flexibility in picking colors/themes for users. Maybe others will prefer the new style. But I pretty much hate it.

4 replies to this idea

31 minutes ago, fr0zensphere said:

I have a simple piece of feedback. Some time ago the panel on the left side of the Evernote desktop application was some kind of deep shade of blue, and it looked nice. Then, at some point this was changed to a black color. I believe the text color was also different? Not sure on that, though. In any case, it looks much uglier now. The whole application was substantially more visually appealing under the older design.

It would be great if you could bring back the old design OR add some flexibility in picking colors/themes for users. Maybe others will prefer the new style. But I pretty much hate it.

You can switch between Light and Dark theme by using the dropdown menu in Tools / Options / General / User Interface / Left panel theme.

6 hours ago, keisoko said:

You can switch between Light and Dark theme by using the dropdown menu in Tools / Options / General / User Interface / Left panel theme.

Thanks for trying to help, but the tip does not help. The light theme is also ugly, unfortunately. The old color was much better.

• Level 5*
11 hours ago, fr0zensphere said:

Evernote uglyfied with via the black navigation panel
The light theme is also ugly

Macs also have a choice of dark/light sidebar.
I chose the dark sidebar, but I don't have a strong preference either way.
Regardless, your feature request has been posted and users can indicate their support using the voting buttons in the upper left corner of the discussion.

Ah, sidebar is what I should have called it. Anyway, to clarify, this is the previous sidebar design:

web-spaces-overview.png.9586df941adc00c06f4c0044c738b023.png

Somehow, it looks much better to me than the new black one (or the light theme), even if objectively speaking, the color difference between this and black is not drastic. For some reason, it still makes a big difference in aesthetics.

Archived