How to create table from existing data?

dracan

Idea

If I have, for example, 100 lines of text - how I do create a 100-row table out of this?

Pasting into a new table just puts the entire content into the same cell.

I can't see an option when selecting the text to "create a table" out of it.

Is there something I'm missing?

2 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
6 hours ago, dracan said:

If I have, for example, 100 lines of text - how I do create a 100-row table out of this?

Pasting into a new table just puts the entire content into the same cell.

I can't see an option when selecting the text to "create a table" out of it.

Is there something I'm missing?

Personally,  I'd take the easy way out and put the text into Word,  use "convert text to table" and copy/ paste the result into Evernote - or just keep the Word doc as an attachment,  because all things being equal,  Evernote is er..  not noted.. for its ability to handle large tables.  Expect weird column widths and odd formatting problems if you continue with that.  The Word (or any other WP) attachment will be editable on any device with that installed software,  and can be saved back into the note.

Excel would also work.  In the same way that I use Lightroom,  rather than Evernote for editing pictures (it's a tad better at it!) I'd use Word or Excel (or your WP/ spreadsheet of choice) for larger documents.

Oh nice - that works perfectly! For some reason, I wasn't expecting that to create an "Evernote table" (ie. with all the widgets and functionality that a native Evernote table supports) - but it does convert it to an Evernote table, so works well!

Thanks for that :)
Dan

Archived