Presentation Mode Font Typeface Changed

Sometime in the past few months the font typeface used in Presentation Mode (Evernote for Mac anyway) changed from a beautiful sans-serif font to a plain-and-ugly serif font (Times?).  I've tried to control this manually (by changing the font in the note) but it looks like Presentation Mode always wants to override the fonts in the note.  I've searched the help systems and forums without success looking for a way to control the font in Presentation Mode, but have found nothing (it is nice that I can control the font-size, but why not the type-face too?).  Had the old font not been so beautiful I might not have noticed or cared, but it seems such a shame that Presentation Mode is so much less useful and elegant than it used to be.  Does anyone know of a way to specify the font to use while presenting without down-grading several versions?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

+1 on this. 

What happened?! Presentation mode used to be sexy - people were impressed by it. Now I'm embarrassed to use it - I'm going to put this into Keynote now. 

Please fix! I used this feature all. the. time. 

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...

I am so exasperated by this change.  As a professor I give lectures every week about art, and all of my presentations had a consistent look across my online and printed syllabus and class materials.  Now my presentations make it look like I have no idea how to be consistent with typography.  Exasperating.  Im going to have to use keynote for presentations until/unless this is updated. 

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Evernote team - request an update please. This was such a cool feature and one that I use all the time. I have been a long term customer. Some what concerned about what seems like non responsiveness to customer requests and I am contemplating exploring other alternatives.

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
On 1/19/2020 at 4:04 AM, Sunlite said:

Evernote team - request an update please. This was such a cool feature and one that I use all the time. I have been a long term customer. Some what concerned about what seems like non responsiveness to customer requests and I am contemplating exploring other alternatives.

Hi again - see https://evernote.com/blog/2020-update-progress-road-ahead/

• 3 months later...

Is there a fix for this problem?  can I someway control typeface in presentation mode? 
I stopped using presentation when the typeface was changed. suddenly it wasn't that useful any more.
Doesn't look good and it became hard to read. that is not what you want when you are trying to make a clear and understandable presentation.
Therfore I chose other presentation tools. But I really miss using Evernote presentation.

• Level 5*

Hi. The short answer here is 'no'.  What you see in the presentation window is pretty much what you get;  however I find that the visibility and style of the content can be adjusted by varying the layout of the underlying note - though the note itself is then not very practical when viewed normally.  I address that by duplicating notes intended for presentation,  then editing one to a font size that works.  Choosing between fonts is not an option!

What the 'new' editor will look like and what features will be available is unknown at this moment - we're still waiting...!!

• 4 months later...

This continues to be a big problem for me, and would be a strong reason to look elsewhere for a solution that provides a professional presentation capability, rather than a notes solution (of which there are many) which then requires copy / paste / tidy-up, to a different solution for presentations.

I love the basic capabilities of the presentation mode, but it removes nice formatting so doesnt look nice, which is sort of the point of a presentation mode.

Is there a near-term roadmap item, that identified when this will be looked at?

• Level 5*
21 hours ago, Bugware said:

I love the basic capabilities of the presentation mode, but it removes nice formatting

Hi.  Can you give us a screenshot example of note vs presentation so we're clear on what sort of formatting you want to preserve?  I don't believe 'Presentation Mode' was ever intended for a prestige public show - it's meant as a way to share notes with colleagues,  and the typeface is chosen to be easily read on any size screen.  If you want a real show,  it's always possible to attach the file for some other presentation software to a note,  and 'play' that during the event.

• Level 5*

Hmmn.  I think at the moment you'd do better setting up the "slides" for your presentation in one notebook,  then using screenshots of the setup to preserve the layout and showing off a gallery of pictures.  There's a big rebuilding job going on at the moment,  so who knows what the capabilities will be this time next year,  but short term - workarounds is all we got.