Disappearing notes and strange behaviour

R.ico

I use Evernote Web on a mac. I used to use the desktop app, but gave that up a fair while ago.

Yesterday Evernote (web) behaved very strangely. When i went to look at my notes, there seemed to be some kind of auto-scroll in progress. I was unable to look at or create any notes, and i didn't know how to interrupt this process. I should've taken a screenshot at the time, but didn't think of it and just decided to come back later.

Today when i looked at my notes, they weren't in typical order of most recent notes to oldest. When i looked at my note sorting, it wasn't set to most recent to oldest. I thought this was odd, but figured it was something to do with the auto-scrolling that happened the day before. I selected Sort by Most to least recent for All Notes, but this didn't bring me back a list of notes starting from 2019, but notes from 2014:

1869435289_2019-1-20mtol.jpg.c851fe7b5c862be9c9ce97b267d643c1.jpg

When i reversed the sort, i got even older notes at the top of my list of notes:

1484631866_2019-1-20ltom.jpg.413341aa8042ef2ab246f1e7ba1ef901.jpg

Notes from 2018 and 2019 do exist, but they only seem to come up when i search for them. I don't know whether any have been deleted and emptied - my Trash seems to only contain notes i've put there - although i have a feeling i had over 3000 notes. I'm not sure about this, as i didn't pay attention so could be wrong, but i only have around 1750 as i write this. However i did notice that when i first came across the problem my All Notes tally was only around 1500, so the number has crept up since that time.

Could it be Evernote recognises some issue, and is in the process of rectifying it?

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I'm pleased to say it worked itself out.

I was very worried for something like 2-3 days about what was going on, but Evernote was doing what i said i thought it was doing in my last post: reorganizing itself.

Once it had finished this reorganization process, things were back to normal.

Archived