OPEN IN A NEW WINDOW

Laco Blaho

Idea

I'm used to work with 2-3 notes at the same time. In desktop Evernote app, I can double click on note card and it opens in a new window. In classic web evernote interface there is button to open in a new window and also I can right click on a card and select "open in a new window".

Current evernote web interface doesn't have it. Also new pretty web interface doesn't have it.

I know that I can right click on tab in Google Chrome, select duplicate, then open the other note, click on button that hides all menus, drag and drop the Chrome tab outside the original window and resize it - and then have the note in separate window - but it is so less convenient then just clicking a button.

Please bring this old function of classic web to the new pretty web version - for example put into "..." menu option "new window". Or make double clicking a note card will open it in a new window, just like in desktop app.

• Like 3

2 replies to this idea

This would be really helpful! I used to use the separate windows for the note I would be working on while being able to still view my main page/notebooks from a separate window/monitor. I can reference other notes without leaving the note I'm working on. We can't do this anymore...

On 1/13/2019 at 11:21 AM, Laco Blaho said:

I'm used to work with 2-3 notes at the same time. In desktop Evernote app, I can double click on note card and it opens in a new window. In classic web evernote interface there is button to open in a new window and also I can right click on a card and select "open in a new window".

Current evernote web interface doesn't have it. Also new pretty web interface doesn't have it.

I know that I can right click on tab in Google Chrome, select duplicate, then open the other note, click on button that hides all menus, drag and drop the Chrome tab outside the original window and resize it - and then have the note in separate window - but it is so less convenient then just clicking a button.

Please bring this old function of classic web to the new pretty web version - for example put into "..." menu option "new window". Or make double clicking a note card will open it in a new window, just like in desktop app.

There's a Chrome extension called Evercuts in the Chrome Web Store. That has a shortcut for opening a note in a new window. I use it all the time for that and other keyboard shortcuts too.

• Thanks 1