Tags Not Preserved in "My Templates"

Analyst444

Idea

I just downloaded and installed the new update to Evernote desktop for Windows (6.17.4.8270 (308270) Public (CE Build ce-62.1.7539)).

When I create a new Note from "My Templates", It doesn't preserve the Tags that were in the Note when I created the template. In my mind, Tags are an inherent part of a template and should be preserved. - - - If the "My Templates" function continues to not preserve Tags, I may a swell just keep my templates in a Notebook in my Evernote database and use those.

What do you think?

Is there some advantage to not preserving the Tags that I have overlooked?

4 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

There are other requests to store tags with the templates; also attachments.

>>Advantages

From a technical perspective; tags would make the template storage/retrieval more complex.

• Level 5*
1 minute ago, DTLow said:

Just from a technical perspective; tags would make the template storage/retrieval more complex.

Why would that be?  It's just a note end of the day.

19 minutes ago, Analyst444 said:

What do you think?

Tags and title should be preserved in my view.  And as per @DTLow, this was requested right after templates appeared.

• Level 5*
9 minutes ago, CalS said:

Why would that be?  It's just a note end of the day.

I don't  know that a template is just a note; I have no idea how or where the template is stored.
My use is to store my tempates as notes, and just duplicate when required.

Tags are not simple note text; they are meta-data, stored for a note and referencing tag tables.

• Level 5*
21 minutes ago, DTLow said:

I don't know that a template is just a note; I have no idea how or where the template is stored.
My use is to store my tempates as notes, and just duplicate when required.

Tags are not simple note text; they are meta-data, stored for a note and referencing tag tables.

Same don't know could apply to the more complex statement...  😉   Just sayin'

Archived