Evernote is incorrectly calculating my upload sizes

Evernote is telling me that I have uploaded way more than I actually have.  After my monthly allotment reset, I have uploaded notes totaling about 1.3 MB.  I know this by adding the totals that appear in the Note list.  But when I click "Usage", Evernote says that I have uploaded over 16 MB.  Any ideas what is wrong?  Screenshots attached.

note size list.PNG

upload allowance.PNG

• Level 5*
31 minutes ago, sjpschmid said:

Evernote is telling me that I have uploaded way more than I actually have.  After my monthly allotment reset, I have uploaded notes totaling about 1.3 MB.  I know this by adding the totals that appear in the Note list.  But when I click "Usage", Evernote says that I have uploaded over 16 MB.  Any ideas what is wrong?  Screenshots attached.

note size list.PNG

upload allowance.PNG

May not be the cause here but each time you change a note it gets uploaded again when a sync occurs.  So your new notes and any notes edited (however many times) would be in the 16MB number.  EN doesn't measure by storage, they measure by network traffic.. If you do a lot of editing off notes, particularly if it is the same notes in short time frames,  you might want to have a long sync cycle time.

36 minutes ago, CalS said:

May not be the cause here but each time you change a note it gets uploaded again when a sync occurs.  So your new notes and any notes edited (however many times) would be in the 16MB number.  EN doesn't measure by storage, they measure by network traffic.. If you do a lot of editing off notes, particularly if it is the same notes in short time frames,  you might want to have a long sync cycle time.

Thanks, CalS.  That is good info.  But as you suspected, not the cause here.

Archived