Visualize Your Evernote Notes and Identify the Main Topics and Gaps in Your Discourse

Hello everyone!

I just wanted to share a very useful open-source tool with Evernote community.

It can visualize your Evernote notes (or any text, including RSS news feeds, YouTube videos, Google search results, Tweets, etc.)

You can then see the main topics on the graph and how they are connected.

You can also see the structural gaps in the graph and using the "Insight" feature identify how you could develop your research / discourse further.

You can try it online on www.infranodus.com or install it on your machine via github and let me know how it feels and what features you'd like to have! 

infranodus-news-english.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi, I just subscribed to Infranodus a few minutes ago, based on this thread and the seemingly awesome quality of the product, but I also see (I think?) that the product could be used without a subscription? Is there not a "one-time purchase" option?  As awesome as it is, I don't see the value being worth as much as the subscription would add up to.  No offense of course, obviously different people and organizations have different cost-value ratios. Thanks.

• Like 1
  • Level 5

As I read it, it is Open Source so basically free to use.

They just ask for a small contribution in the range of 5$, which for me is sort of a one-time without being a real purchase, because no contract will go with it. But this leaves the option to contribute more or less, whatever you like.

Concerning the confidentiality, it all boils down to whether you trust the other party or not. Since it is open source, you can at least read the code and find out if it contains any problematic parts. Or you can check in the internet for others that have looked it up already. Open source for this reason is usually more trustworthy than proprietary code nobody can check.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
On 5/17/2019 at 8:22 AM, PinkElephant said:

As I read it, it is Open Source so basically free to use.

They just ask for a small contribution in the range of 5$, which for me is sort of a one-time without being a real purchase, because no contract will go with it. But this leaves the option to contribute more or less, whatever you like.

Concerning the confidentiality, it all boils down to whether you trust the other party or not. Since it is open source, you can at least read the code and find out if it contains any problematic parts. Or you can check in the internet for others that have looked it up already. Open source for this reason is usually more trustworthy than proprietary code nobody can check.

Thanks for your response ✌🏾

• Like 1
  • Level 5

As an afterthought: Another visualization of Evernote relations is done by Bubble Browser, which is at least available for the Mac.

It will show the note or tag structure by circles, the larger the more often a content is used.

When you pick let’s say a tag, the bubbles are reduced to all notes / Tags that hold this tag, plus others. Again the number of occurrences is symbolized by the Bubble size.

I found it a good tool when I want to weed out my tagging, because it will not only show seldom used tags, but with which other tags they are used jointly.

Edit 2020-09-20: WARNING: Bubble Browser no longer worked on my Mac. It crashed and took the whole OS down. My attempt to contact the developer failed, nobody answered to E-mails to the address from the web site.

It is still on the AppStore, although I notified Apple about the problems. Since you allow Bubble Browser full access to your EN notes, I warn anybody today against downloading and using it. You can’t know who is going to use the data downloaded from your account - if anybody still cares.

• Like 2