ScanSnap Home - Scan to Evernote Options

i figured out how to set up evernote in the new ScanSnap Home App

https://www.pfu.fujitsu.com/imaging/downloads/manual/ss_webhelp/en/help/webhelp/topic/ope_appli_mgr.html

but it seems short on options....before when the profile dialog box popped up, there were more options such as save as pdf and as jpg, and i a setting to convert a pdf to a scannable pdf, etc.

unless im missing something?

p.s. is there a fujistsu forum?

• 1 month later...

Problem: Documents which I scan always go into the default notebook when I use the Scansnap home software

does somebody know where I can choose  in which Evernote Notebook my scannend documents go? when I configure the Scansnap home software with my ix500 it always saves the Documents in den default Notebook. I would like to save my scannend documents in a separat shared notebook, which I cannot choose as a default notebook. 

When I was using my windows computer with Scansnap MANAGER I was able to change the notebook by simply clicking and choosing in the Evernote software directly each time. that was very useful because in our company we use a lot of shared notebooks which I cannot use as a default notebook. I hope I made my question clear enough. 

• 5 months later...
On 1/10/2019 at 8:02 AM, romebot said:

i figured out how to set up evernote in the new ScanSnap Home App

https://www.pfu.fujitsu.com/imaging/downloads/manual/ss_webhelp/en/help/webhelp/topic/ope_appli_mgr.html

but it seems short on options....before when the profile dialog box popped up, there were more options such as save as pdf and as jpg, and i a setting to convert a pdf to a scannable pdf, etc.

unless im missing something?

p.s. is there a fujistsu forum?

That page doesn't mention Evernote, so I am curious how you did it. I configure it to place files in a folder that Hazel app watches, It runs a script that imports pdf's in that folder into Evernote. 

However, I'd rather have scans to directly into Evernote. 

• Level 5

The Mac version of the ScanSnap SW is short on options compared to the Windows software. I just have 2 profiles set up that scan into EN, one for simplex, one for duplex. It says it will identify the document and put settings accordingly, which I regard close to useless. Most manual settings are missing. Windows offers some more, but I often forget that I should switch the profiles in between when scanning several documents.

For me, the ix500 is used for multipage scanning. On this it is a time saver.

If there are a few pages to do, I use ScannerPro on my iPhone. In there I Scan, and then choose by workflows I have defined into which notebook to send the document, and which tags to apply.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/28/2019 at 10:42 AM, PinkElephant said:

The Mac version of the ScanSnap SW is short on options compared to the Windows software. I just have 2 profiles set up that scan into EN, one for simplex, one for duplex. It says it will identify the document and put settings accordingly, which I regard close to useless. Most manual settings are missing. Windows offers some more, but I often forget that I should switch the profiles in between when scanning several documents.

For me, the ix500 is used for multipage scanning. On this it is a time saver.

If there are a few pages to do, I use ScannerPro on my iPhone. In there I Scan, and then choose by workflows I have defined into which notebook to send the document, and which tags to apply.

Thanks men!

Has anyone updated their scanner based on Evernote's "Changes to your ScanSnap Evernote Edition firmware"  8/6 email?

I am hesitant, as I currently scan directly to my PC via USB, and the idea of confidential scans in the Fujitsu cloud (supposedly temporarily till I download) is not sitting well.  I am OK with Evernote keeping the stuff, I dont like the Fujitsu middleman.  Thoughts?

3 hours ago, Ray Sidney-Smith said:

A workaround might be to have your ScanSnap scan to an Evernote import folder so it doesn't need to go to the ScanSnap Cloud. See https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/209004967-How-to-create-import-folders-in-Evernote-for-Windows.

I would be interested to see if anyone has done this. The last bullet for the link above seems to indicate this may not be an option (“Evernote does not support adding an import folder that syncs with 3rd party services. This includes, but is not limited to: Dropbox, Google Drive, OneDrive, and Box.”).  The change to the new firmware is permanent so hoping to hear from someone who updated, or folks from Evernote?

• Level 5*
29 minutes ago, bandrews said:

I would be interested to see if anyone has done this. The last bullet for the link above seems to indicate this may not be an option (“Evernote does not support adding an import folder that syncs with 3rd party services. This includes, but is not limited to: Dropbox, Google Drive, OneDrive, and Box.”).  The change to the new firmware is permanent so hoping to hear from someone who updated, or folks from Evernote?

I haven't tried this but the import folder is not being sync'd with a 3rd party service.  If you currently scan to a folder on your PC, that folder can be designated as an import folder for Evernote and then anything you add to that folder will get automatically imported into Evernote.  You should be able to try that with your current setup.

6 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

Working like this on Win10. Not working on a Mac, however.

You can either set up an automator service or use a tool like Hazel to automatically scan  and import documents into Evernote. 

here is the script I use in Hazel:

tell application "Evernote"
	activate
	create note from file theFile
end tell

• Level 5*
24 minutes ago, TheGooch said:

You can either set up an automator service or use a tool like Hazel to automatically scan  and import documents into Evernote. 

Mac Folder Actions will also launch a script.  Details here

• 3 months later...

Hoping to see some more feedback from those who have upgraded.  I'm hanging onto my existing firmware as long as I can.  I really appreciated the seamless integration with Evernote - I think it is a shame that they aren't continuing.  (Not sure if it is a development cost issue from Fujitsu or some other issue).  Appreciate reading through other feedback.