I hit "Select All" on my mobile...then another key...then it all disappeared. 

I read that it might be possible to recover my lost information if I switch to premium or contact support and wondered if this was true. I tried to submit a ticket under the learning page, but it just has a bunch of drop-downs which eventually leads me to text that says "submit a ticket", but there's no place to submit a ticket. 

Any help would be appreciated- if I have to pay for it I'm willing. 

• Level 5*

Hi.  Provided your note had been synced with the server for more than 24 hours,  it will be part of 'Note History' which you can access as a Premium subscriber - even if you upgrade for only one month.  Basic users unfortunately don't have access to email help,  but you could use Twitter and contact @EvernoteHelps or again,  any paid level of membership will get you access via email.  We're a (mainly) user-supported forum so can't otherwise assist.

If that sort of situation recurs,  you might be able to call the text back if there's an 'undo' feature on your phone,  or you can go into Airplane mode and prevent it from syncing the changed note back to the server.  Better yet - keep your own local backup of your database so occasional losses can be replaced easily.

Mobile Iphone. 

12 hours ago, gazumped said:

Hi.  Provided your note had been synced with the server for more than 24 hours,  it will be part of 'Note History' which you can access as a Premium subscriber - even if you upgrade for only one month.  Basic users unfortunately don't have access to email help,  but you could use Twitter and contact @EvernoteHelps or again,  any paid level of membership will get you access via email.  We're a (mainly) user-supported forum so can't otherwise assist.

If that sort of situation recurs,  you might be able to call the text back if there's an 'undo' feature on your phone,  or you can go into Airplane mode and prevent it from syncing the changed note back to the server.  Better yet - keep your own local backup of your database so occasional losses can be replaced easily.

Thank You. Who says money won't solve all your problems?

• Level 5*
6 hours ago, mmcdonald013@hotmail.com said:

Thank You. Who says money won't solve all your problems?

Actually, it doesn't solve all your problems - but you usually get a posher class of problems... ☺️

I have been a Basic user of Evernote for about 3 years. I was wondering if there is a way to download my data into a useable file or format just in case, say Evernote went out of business, or, I wanted to input into another application? I did not see anyway to do it in the "pay" service.

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, larrysworld said:

I have been a Basic user of Evernote for about 3 years. I was wondering if there is a way to download my data into a useable file or format just in case, say Evernote went out of business, or, I wanted to input into another application? I did not see anyway to do it in the "pay" service.

Hi.  There's no way to export your data from a mobile app.  If you use (or can borrow access and login to) the desktop version,  you can Export your notes in HTML or ENEX (bespoke XML).  It's also possible to use some cloud services to access your server-based database - some competing apps have 'import' features.

However it seems unlikely Evernote will "go out of business" anytime soon,  or that if it does your data will instantly disappear,  or that several (more) competing apps won't offer ways to import your existing notes.  Seems like a tomorrow problem...

• Level 5*
5 hours ago, larrysworld said:

There's the cloudHQ service
No charge for Basic accounts and a choice of formats; pdf, html

C94EF9B1-F7C5-4B43-B8EC-A1469F7EE775.thumb.jpeg.7fbeb16d2ff80e54969bcc6baf27a9e8.jpeg

Archived