Where is the undo feature?

Shane D.

• Administrator

Hi All,

This is one of our most frequently asked questions and previous posts contained a lot of outdated information so I wanted to provide a refreshed answer.

If you're trying to undo an action/typo you can 'undo' by doing the following:

• EN-Windows: Ctrl + Z
  • EN-Mac: Command + Z
  • EN- iOS: Shake device to receive 'Undo' prompt
  • EN-Android: Tap 'Back' (curved arrow) button from the menu bar above the note
  • EN-Web Client: Ctrl+Z if using Windows, Command+Z if using Mac

If you're trying to recover a deleted note, check the Evernote Trash and restore it.

If you're trying to recover a previous version of a note, check the 'Note History'

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • 1 month later...
On 1/3/2019 at 2:44 PM, Shane D. said:

Hi All,

This is one of our most frequently asked questions and previous posts contained a lot of outdated information so I wanted to provide a refreshed answer.

If you're trying to undo an action/typo you can 'undo' by doing the following:

• EN-Windows: Ctrl + Z
  • EN-Mac: Command + Z
  • EN- iOS: Shake device to receive 'Undo' prompt
  • EN-Android: Tap 'Back' (curved arrow) button from the menu bar above the note
  • EN-Web Client: Ctrl+Z if using Windows, Command+Z if using Mac

If you're trying to recover a deleted note, check the Evernote Trash and restore it.

If you're trying to recover a previous version of a note, check the 'Note History'

Hi Shane, I was just told by your Chat team that there is no undo for tag changes. Is that correct information?

If so, I have started a feature request post here, because we need some work around for this.

• Like 1
  • 11 months later...

The undo command does revert like desired.  However,  if I undo all changes since last sync, the note is still marked as updated and will be sync'd when I sync next and that results in the date updated to change.  It is a common user mistake to pull up the wrong note, make changes, realize its the wrong note, undo changes.  In this case, I want the original update time, that is, I dont want a note to sync if there are no material changes to the note.  Is there an option for that?

I am using WINDOWS client at the moment but also notice this with MAC client.

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, M Mandl said:

I want the original update time, that is, I dont want a note to sync if there are no material changes to the note.  Is there an option for that?

The only option is to manually edit the update date/time

Thanks for the information, I was not aware that I could change the update time - that will suffice for short term.  However,  I wont realize I am making a mistake until it happens and so will most likely not be paying attention to the update time on the note.  Therefore, I believe a change in behavior such that notes are not marked as modified when all changes have been reverted/undone would be best.  That seems like a consistent and sound operational behavior that all users would find useful and all software products I recall operate. Can I suggest that change for a future version?

-Mike