Bug. Adding a new note with an active label

When you have a tree of labels, have on of them active and is trying to add a new note expecting that this label will be associated with the new note automatically this does not happen. Instead of this a note for a moment appears on the right panel where you can edit it and then it disappears. In order to associated a label with it again you have to find it in Incoming/Inbox folder and manually associated the same labels. I think that is the bug, since it worked several versions ago.

• Level 5*
53 minutes ago, fsv said:

add a new note expecting that this label will be associated with the new note automatically this does not happen

There's an inconstancy; the new note inherits the active Notebook, but not the active Tag(s).

My preference is to start with a blank note; default notebook and no tags

It depends. It should not appear and then disappear on the right panel. Moreover, if you want to add a note to the specific notebook you should select it in any case (or it will be the default one). I am using only 1 notebook and the set of labels, so not taking into account the current active label when I add a new note looks like a bug.

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, DTLow said:

There's an inconstancy; the new note inherits the active Notebook, but not the active Tag(s).

There's an option to do either in the Windows application.

• Thanks 1
23 hours ago, jefito said:

Is Tools / Options / Note / "Assign selected tags to new notes" checked?

No, it was not set. Thank you for sharing the information about this checkbox, suppose the issue or topic could be closed.

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, fsv said:

suppose the issue or topic could be closed.

You should be able to do that, somewhere up near your original post, or mark it as answered, or something.

• 1 year later...