Evernote overrides my phone's display settings

Hi,

Evernote overrides my phone's sleep settings. Off the bat before you say it's in my phone settings not the app, I believe it's in Evernote because I never set that permission on this phone. I set it on my previous phone, and yet it happens on this one as well. I checked my phone settings anyway, and couldn't find anything. I just need to know where this setting is in Evernote so I can turn it off. I've looked everywhere. I have the basic version and I'm using it on Android.

Thanks!

• 3 months later...

I had the same issue. Support tells me it is a feature of Evernote, if a note is open on screen, Evernote will prevent the screen from sleeping. This is for users who use Evernote to read long documents and don't want the screen turning off.

I am sympathetic to readers, but Android offers build-in features to over-ride the default screen lock / sleep timer. These OS features are configurable, and increasingly, they are smart enough to guess when you are reading and prevent or delay the screen from sleeping. Evernote should let the OS handle this!