Clear Recent Search History for Windows

Govind Krishnan

Idea

Most of the Evernote Windows users suffer from the lack of option to clear Recent Search History and many thus face privacy issues. Despite Evernote Android having this option, Windows still didn't get this small yet highly needed feature. Evernote seems to mind community requests these days. Thus, hope this will be considered.

3 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
25 minutes ago, Govind Krishnan said:

Most of the Evernote Windows users suffer from the lack of option to clear Recent Search History and many thus face privacy issues.

I'm a Windows user and I'm not suffering, at least from this.  You can help keep Evernote data secure by using a Windows password or logging out of Evernote when not in use.  I don't see the concern with protecting your search history within Evernote.  It sounds like you are concerned about the search terms but not the data.  A further explanation of your use case may be helpful.

Also, there is another thread on this topic, that you have participated in.  No need to open a new one.

• Level 5*

You can see your searches, kind of by osmosis, if you use Ctrl+Q.  Start typing and previous searches with terms that start with the same characters appear.  Clueless as to how many previous searches are kept to support the search.  Nice feature if you ask me.

ScreenClip.png.70147db6837e81ee952c8daf2570e172.png

Archived