Use a different Screenshot editor for annotations?

Skitch is pretty good, but it doesn't handle very large images well, and generally slows down my otherwise fast PC.

Can I set an alternative editor to use after capturing a screenshot?

I know that I can manually right-click and choose "Annotate with..."  but I want the alternative editor to open when I take the screenshot. 

• Level 5*

I've never been a Skitch user, and definitely lost interest when Evernote discontinued support for Windows/Skitch.

Skitch is still supported on Macs, but I use alternative editors.
A screenshot is an image file and I'm able to assign my editor of choice for opening such files.
My default editor is Preview (Mac), and as you noted Open With allows selection of alternate editors.

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, claynichols2015 said:

Skitch is pretty good, but it doesn't handle very large images well, and generally slows down my otherwise fast PC.

Can I set an alternative editor to use after capturing a screenshot?

I know that I can manually right-click and choose "Annotate with..."  but I want the alternative editor to open when I take the screenshot. 

You can try the Awesome Screenshot add in.  More steps to get the clip into EN, but it will open in a new tab for editing after making the selection.  EN clip of the AS clip below.  I use it for creating jpg's of more than a screen web pages.  EN clipper otherwise.  FWIW.

ScreenClip.thumb.png.f6f3a930d4ae3db195c31a9adff572de.png

• Level 5*
13 minutes ago, claynichols2015 said:

On Windows, I'd like to be able to:

1. Press a hotkey
  2. Have that image captured in evernote
  3. Right click and choose ANNOTATE, rather than "annotate with another program" and then   having to browse through the list of other image editors to find the one I want.

Well, that's pretty specific, may want to post this in the request forum where it could be voted upon. 

If you set your annotating program as the default for jpg's or whatever, right click and select Open will start it up.  Don't know if you select something from Open with if it then assumes a position in the list.

Archived